Metal in the Weirdest Places

Nightwish -- Moondance was used in a radio commercial for a DC-area car dealer in late 2002 if i remember right. then of course everyone knows about Cannibal Corpse in Ace Ventura. there's also the episode of Scrubs where the subject of "speed metal" comes up (if i remember right, they played something by Devildriver). Brian Posehn's character in the Sarah Silverman Program is a metalhead, as well as his character's gay lover i think. i once heard Nocturnal Rites on Viva La Bam, but that's a bit less surprising. a few nights i was watching Ghost Hunters and one of the guys was wearing a Carcass shirt.

I was going through the interview process for my wedding at the Church, and my cellphone/IPod went off. What was the song being played? Nightwish's "End of All Hope".

Well, if we can count stuff like that... Sonata Arctica and Epica at this big fancy wedding I went to about a year and a half ago. Then I went to another one where the wedding party walked down the aisle to Kamelot's "Regalis Apertura." Oh wait, that last one was mine, so not so weird after all. And not so funny. ;)

Well, if we can count stuff like that... Sonata Arctica and Epica at this big fancy wedding I went to about a year and a half ago. Then I went to another one where the wedding party walked down the aisle to Kamelot's "Regalis Apertura." Oh wait, that last one was mine, so not so weird after all. And not so funny. ;)

Speaking of metal in the weirdest places...does Urban ever get recognised at the grocery store, or some other mundane place of purchase-able necessities?

Speaking of metal in the weirdest places...does Urban ever get recognised at the grocery store, or some other mundane place of purchase-able necessities?

I remember the weekend Shaye and Urban visited the RennFaire here, on a Sunday.... There was a patron wearing a Tad Morose t-shirt (that's kinda rare already) on site.....on Saturday. Ooops! What were the odds? :)

OH OH! I forgot this one! I visited a church one Sunday morning and they were talking about how people today are disenchanted with the world around them and are seeking something else to help them feel connected. Then the pastor played Queensrÿche's "Disconnected" over the loudspeakers for the congregation. :guh:

What church was that? I'll join.

There's an episode of Friends where Phoebe mentions liking Carcass. For fans of hardcore, there's also an episode where the friends walk down the street and you can briefly see flyers for Shelter & Youth of Today shows taped on a wall.

There's also an episode of Friends where some guy asks Phoebe about her music, and what she's doing, and her reply is something along the lines of "I'm working on some Iron Maiden covers."

Not to highjack the thread, but, um... no. :) However, when we first got together, we went out to eat here in Atlanta, and someone snapped what I assume they thought was a discreet picture of him from across the room. I can only assume they thought he was someone else. :D (He has been mistaken for Bo Bice twice, though I honestly do not see any resemblance, while he was on American Idol.)

Shaye

Hey, it's not thread-jacking! Urban is metal, and Urban in the grocery store (or better yet, The Dress Barn...no, wait! A PIGGLY WIGGLY. YES.) constitutes as "metal in the weirdest places." :D