Metal Love Songs

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
what do you guys think is the best metal love song. It has to be a love song (or a song about relationships or whatever bullshit), by a metal band:D . For an example Opeth- to bid you farewell, or tons of songs by My dying bride. I dont know which are my favorite, ill have to get back to you. probably somethin by my dying bride. i dunno, what do you guys think?

PS: if i sound like a pussy then fuck you! :p :)

I'll mention a couple....

• Dark tranquillity-Lethe :cry:
  • Opeth-To bid you farewell
  • Anathema-Angelica
  • My dying bride-for my fallen angel
  • In the woods...-Weeping willow

Dreadnaught - Flowers.

You people should ALL go an download this song.

The version from their demo is the best... but if you can't find it, the album version is still damn good.

BETTER than anything opeth has ever done. :D

One hell of an amazing love song is the track 'Starres' from Saturnus' 'For the Loveless Lonely Night's' Mini-lp.

Some My Dying Bride heart wrenchers: For You, From Darkest Skies, Sear Me 93, Sear Me III, and the epic The Light at the End of the World.

Put on "For My Fallen Angel" and "Two Winters Only" by My Dying Bride and cry yourself to sleep. Argh, they're so heartbreaking. :cry:

But love songs? Hmm, like Ominous Luminous said: anything off of HIM's first album.

Originally posted by Orchid
Put on "For My Fallen Angel" and "Two Winters Only" by My Dying Bride and cry yourself to sleep. Argh, they're so heartbreaking. :cry:

Yeah definitely. In fact anything from 'Turn Loose the Swans', 'The Angel and the Dark River', and 'Like Gods of the Sun' will usually help to open the old tearducts.

Ozzy Osbourne's Old L.A. Tonight is pretty fantastic.
So is My Dying Bride...

While 'To Bid You Farewell' is my favourite song (Opeth or other wise) I think it's a little bit too 'lyricaly anorexic' to be considered a love song. 'Face of Melinda' on the other hand, would definetly be one of my favourite metal love songs.:cry:

I'll reiterate the most of MDB songs, although my favorites are
  • For My Fallen Angel
  • My Hope, the Destroyer (I don't even know if this is a love song, but it nearly makes me cry)
  • A Sea to Suffer In

Anathema also does pretty well:
  • Alone...
  • Lovelorn Rhapsody
  • Restless Oblivion

for other bands (only off the top of my head)
  • Dan Swano - Add Reality
  • Various Opeth songs I don't want to rehash
  • Amorphis - Black Winter Day
  • Avernus - Anastasia
  • Saturnus - "I Love Thee" and "Paradise Belongs to You"
  • Sculptured - "Almond Beauty" and "Her Silence"
  • Sonata Arctica - Letter to Dana
  • Brave - Dark Waters
  • Drain S.T.H. - Stench
  • The Gathering - Third Chance
  • Nightwish - Sleeping Sun
  • Sinergy - Written in Stone