Metal Presentation

I don't see how playing clips from five songs should take up a whole lot of time. Just play short clips to give people some idea of what each genre is about. And grades do matter in high school if you want to get into a university straight out of high school. I wish I gave a shit back in high school. Actually, no I don't. Nevermind.

Actually I just got another idea.. what if after I describe each of the 5 main sub-genres I play a sample of it. Then at the end of the speech I play an Iron Maiden song to show how it started, an Opeth one to show diversity. Then a folk metal, viking metal and progressive metal one. Should I do that or stick to what I had?

Actually I just got another idea.. what if after I describe each of the 5 main sub-genres I play a sample of it. Then at the end of the speech I play an Iron Maiden song to show how it started, an Opeth one to show diversity. Then a folk metal, viking metal and progressive metal one. Should I do that or stick to what I had?

Nah, stick with the first plan.

I like it. Not the entire songs though, of course. Just enough to give them the main idea.

Alright so I just practice and timed it each way. Which would you guys recommend I go with? The presentations tomorrow morning so this is like the final decision.

1. Speech - 6 mins
Music - 5 mins (Short samples of Death, Black, Thrash, Doom, Power and Classic metal)
Total - 11 mins

2. Speech - 6 mins
Music - 7 mins (Short samples of Death, Black, Thrash, Doom, Power, Classic, Folk, Viking and Progressive metal)
Total - 13 mins

So what should I roll with the 1st of 2nd way? Suggestions and opinions are welcome :)

Alright so I just practice and timed it each way. Which would you guys recommend I go with? The presentations tomorrow morning so this is like the final decision.

2. Speech - 6 mins
Music - 7 mins (Short samples of Death, Black, Thrash, Doom, Power, Classic, Folk, Viking and Progressive metal)
Total - 13 mins

So what should I roll with the 1st of 2nd way? Suggestions and opinions are welcome :)

I dunno about prog, we all know prog is just pretentious guitarwhore in the spotlight shit no matter what genre.

yea, burn a CD with your segments picked out, and maybe with a 10 second silence at the end so you can pause before the next one begins.

and pleased don't present Amon Amarth as viking metal