Metal Presentation

necro has parts that are crushing and parts that are more melodic, overall they sound like a more melodic/technical version of suffocation. Clearly a tech/brutal DM band IMO

Just because it has heavy distortion doesn't make it heavy. Most of the time Necrophagist sounds like a retarded Paganini. Right now I'm listening to the beginning of "Seven" - what the fuck is the drummer doing? He's gotta be one of the worst drummers ever, and this is one of the shittiest songs ever made in the history of bipedal ape-descendants.

Just because it has heavy distortion doesn't make it heavy. Most of the time Necrophagist sounds like a retarded Paganini. Right now I'm listening to the beginning of "Seven" - what the fuck is the drummer doing? He's gotta be one of the worst drummers ever, and this is one of the shittiest songs ever made in the history of bipedal ape-descendants.

But yet, Necrophagist is clearly one of the best tech melodic brutal death metal bands ever, clearly. /sarcasm

get onset to putrefaction, it's a much better CD

I just an idea for playing the music. What if I did it in chronological order? Like..

Black Sabbath - Heavy Metal - 70's
Iron Maiden - Heavy Metal - 80's
Bathory - Black Metal - 80's
Slayer - Thrash Metal - 80's
Nile - Death Metal - 80's
Electric Wizard - Doom Metal - 80's
DragonForce - Power Metal - 90's

Or something similar? Just to show how new genres formed and metal evolved over time.

Why would you use Nile, a band formed in the mid 90s, to demonstrate Death Metal, a form that developed in the 80s? Nile seems a bit far removed to be relevent. What about Autopsy?

Yeah, I agree, but I'm picking one cherry at a time. I think maybe Fates Warning would be a good choice for Power Metal, and maybe Candlemass or Solitude Aeturnus for Doom.

OK well I'll get the bands worked out later, but generally speaking would you recommend I do about 5 song samples (of each genre), about 10 song samples (of each genre) or 5-10 chronologically ordered song samples (of each genre and time)?

OK well I'll get the bands worked out later, but generally speaking would you recommend I do about 5 song samples (of each genre), about 10 song samples (of each genre) or 5-10 chronologically ordered song samples (of each genre and time)?

how long is this presentation going to be? fuck I wouldn't do more than one song of a genre even if it was a 30 minute lecture.

you could always throw in melodic death to contrast death, and brutal death too, and melodic black to contrast black, and 2nd wave black (rotting christ, samael) to contrast the raw shit... but no one needs to hear a bunch of the same shit.

Okay, well I'm planning on either doing the main 5 (a song from each): Death, Black, Thrash, Power and Doom. But I might do a couple more like Folk, Viking, Progressive, Classic and an Opeth song.