Metal Presentation

So do you guys think playing a bit (around a minute) of 8/9 metal song is too much? Should I just play about 5 songs or keep it as it is? I don't wanna over do it or make it too long and boring. The presentation is suppost to be 3-10/15 mins and my speech is about 5 so should I play all those songs or just a couple?

dude If I was you, I would only play the genres that don't have any growling/screeching and are somewhat accessible to a non metal fan. I can't imagine how in the world a whole bunch of people who have likely heard very little to no metal are going to be able to handle a minute of a band like nile

dude If I was you, I would only play the genres that don't have any growling/screeching and are somewhat accessible to a non metal fan. I can't imagine how in the world a whole bunch of people who have likely heard very little to no metal are going to be able to handle a minute of a band like nile

if they can't, then they are pussies.

lol i know. i don't want to lie to them though and just show power, progressive etc metal and leave out death, black and thrash. i doubt they'll like it but atleast its showing them how it actually is and its honest. i do have a couple of metal fans in my class though, 2 of which know and listen to nile.

their reactions are going to be hilarous when the dude opens his mouth

lol i know i cant wait to see their faces. i think im going with Lashed to the Slave Stick since thats my favorite Nile song. but anything like old black metal (Burzum, Mayhem) or tech/brutal death metal (Gorguts, Necro) would make em go :zombie:

you know what might be interesting to show how talented death metal musicians are?

why don't you play a part of a necrophagist song where there is some growls and blasting for the first 20 seconds and then it's like a minute long malmsteen shredfest?

advanced corpse tumor would work perfectly