Metal-Rules.com - Top 100 Metal Albums

What's there to say really? That is a decent list.

Spawn should aim to own every album there, if he doesn't already. :)

I own most of them actually :) Anything before 1980 I probably dont have though (or it seems from lookoing at the list) I have about 75ish of them :)

Good list actually all things considered!

I have 8 out of the top 10 too (all except the Slayer ones).
I have 8 out of the next 10 as well.
And 8 out of the NEXT 10!

51 of them all together.

Pretty good list. Good to see WASP's debut higher than their other albums! :headbang: And Crue pretty high too!

[color=#aoeooa]I find myself disagreeing with the order of some of the things.

No Opeth? Only Jester Race from In Flames and at 79?

And like everyone else

8 from the top 10

and I own about 40 of those.[/color]

Hall of the Mountain King!! :headbang: Finally, a list that DOES have merit, even if they put it at #51.

I sure hope the reason Hysteria isn't there is because they don't consider it a metal album...

I actually agree with Master of Puppets being up there. Maybe not number 1, but definitely in the top ten. Once upon a time they WERE one of the best metal bands in the world - probably before your time though.

That said, if I made a list of my 10 favourite albums of all time, there'd probably only be two or three metal albums there.

How is Master Of Puppets not worthy of number one? HOW? Its only THE most influential album in the history of metal, Reign In Blood being the other one (pretty much the absolute blueprint for extreme metal of all kinds).

I also saw your disparaging of Malcolm Young, one of the greatest rhythm guitarists ever.

You just made THE LIST.

It was good to see the debut and Slave To The Grind by Skid Row on there too, but they should have been higher up!

Also of interest is The Last Command being on there at all, I dont think its good enough to be considered one of the top 100 metal albums ever... The Headless Children, the debut and The Crimson Idol are though.

Spiffy, Pyromania made it on there so I dont understand why Hysteria wouldnt have... A gross oversight methinks.

South Of Heaven at 23 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Such an underrated album.

Very very pleased with the top 10.

I would've moved Ride the Lightning up a spot though, of course ;)

I don't know shit about Dio, but now I'm going to have to check them out, but the other albums in the top 10 are \m/

*blushes* I own .... 2 of the top 10 (guess which ones!)

I do have a problem with the list however:

#57 Led Zeppelin - IV

I don't find this to be a metal album, as I don't see Led Zep as a metal band (I see them as Hard Rock)

And, to put it bluntly, its what I believe to be the perfect album.

So I don't see it as the greatest metal album of all time, yet I am disappointed when it doesn't get it.

Is that 'irony' or something?

P.S I believe Justice should've gotten top 30 at least
P.P.S I think either Rust in Peace or Peace Sells should've made top 10