Metal-Rules.com - Top 100 Metal Albums

I think Puppets is overrated personally. I don't see what it is about it that makes it any better than Ride The Lightning, Justice or Kill 'Em All yet its always the one everybody talks about. To me its the stiffest and most boring of their '80s albums, and some of the songs drag on a bit I think. I could never really get into it and enjoy it much for some reason, I pretty much NEVER play it. I play the other Metallica albums from 83-91 heaps more.

That said, (I have to add this because I know Spawny will say something stupid and start an argument)... I'm not saying it isn't a good album and I do appreciate how influencial it was and everything. I'm just saying that personally I don't enjoy it. Maybe its "Battery" that puts me off, I hate that song! Even the title track never really did it for me... but I like some of the other songs. Orion, Sanitarium and The Thing That Should Not Be are awesome.

I think consistency is what wins it for MoP. I think it is Metallica's most consistent album as it just never lets up until it is over. Not a weak moment on the album. Metal Brilliance. Every other Metallica release has some weaker moments, but not MoP IMO.

Good to see Megadeth's SFSG...SW on there, though I would have put it higher personally.

ceydn: You need 'Holy Diver', and 'Heaven And Hell' by Black Sabbath if you haven't heard that either. I also recommend Dio's 'Strange Highways' album, possibly the most underated metal album ever.

I think Escape is a crap song, thus RTL is second to MOP which has great songs all the way through :headbang:

Ceydn, go buy Holy Diver and Last In Line NOW :headbang:

Holy Diver, Last In Line and Sacred Heart... :headbang: :headbang:

I watched Dio - Evil Or Divine DVD the other night... god damn the man still has it! :headbang: Absolutely amazing for his age!!!!

That dvd is awesome, Doug Aldrich could almost take Vivian Campbell in his prime, I was AMAZED at how well he played the old Dio stuff.

hahaha, easy boys!

I guess I'll have to check out this Holy Diver thing! I don't have a job, y'know!

Oh, and I think Escape is an awesome song with one of the best chorus's ever written ;)

And I believe Master of Puppets is just an inkling better than Ride the Lightning, simply because every song on it is perfectly placed, feels right on the album, and pure and simple makes you want to bang your fucking head!

I think RTL has better production, its got a thicker guitar sound :headbang: MOP is still fine though :headbang:

MOP and RTL are so close to me its hard to call. RTL does, however, have Creeping Death and For Whom the Bell Tolls, probably the 2 greatest tellica tunes ever. But MOP is probably more consistantly better. Depends on my mood.

When I think of Kill Em All, I think of a conversation I interrupted a few years ago at work. This was after Load was released and Mama Said was all over the radio.

Girl 1: My favourite Metallica song is Mama Said.

Girl 2: Mine is probably Nothing Else Matters.

Me: Mine's The Four Horsemen.

You should have launched a watermelon at them Spiffy, that would have been SO funny.