Metal Rules posted their top 30 for 2005 !!!1

Dude, I JUST checked that out, saw Judas Priest at #2 and blew a giant snot bubble.

THEY PUT FUCKING PRIMAL FEAR IN THEIR TOP 10. I mean, what? They've released the exact same mediocre Priest worship album 6 times in a row by now!

Two writers: Jacobo and Duke managed to see past the big budget releases (and recognize that not all underground metal is necessarily only black or death metal).

See: Slough Feg, Manilla Road, Slumber, Primordial, Cathedral, etc. Well, not that Primordial are "off the beaten path" or anything but you know what I mean.

You gotta think what backhanders Metal Rules or Brave Words Bloody Knuckles must be getting from the big labels because I refuse to believe they don't get promos from everyone in existence.

MadeInNewJersey said:
You haven't? What am I thinking of...the band you described as Blind Guardian-esque? Because that's the general consensus of Savage Circus...

Airged L'amh? They're more Helloween imho and blow BG out of the fucking water. I'd probably dig the early BG, but their latest releases are fucking gay.

Doomcifer said:
Airged L'amh? They're more Helloween imho and blow BG out of the fucking water. I'd probably dig the early BG, but their latest releases are fucking gay.

Wait, there's like 50 things wrong with what you just said.

Doomcifer said:

Nope, that's not them. And JayK has already pointed out the absurdity of what you just wrote. :tickled:

MadeInNewJersey said:
1) that Airged L'whatever "blows BG out of the water"
2) that BG's latest releases "are fucking gay"

:D

1) You haven't even given it any time, nevermind probably not even a full listen.

2) Do you squat when you take a piss?

Doomcifer said:
1) You haven't even given it any time, nevermind probably not even a full listen.

2) Do you squat when you take a piss?

I haven't even listened to it at all yet, but I already know that it isn't going to blow BG, a band with 3-4 truly outstanding albums and one of the most established power metal bands ever, out of the water. Capece?

Yes, I do sometimes, especially if I've lost all control of my bowel movements.