Metalcore: Why?

Hatebreeder

Pizzicato Heartstrings
Seriously, what the hell is up with metalcore? So many misled youth are listening to metalcore bands and claiming that they're the "heaviest fucking thing you'll ever hear" when they'd shit their pants if they heard Deicide or Cannibal Corpse. To add fuel to the fire, they're starting to make it big in the mainstream music scene, and before long American will have forgotten about :worship: true metal. Please post your thoughts on this overrated sub-genre here.

its just trend, but in a time we have even worse mainstream music (errm or not) like pop shit i dont really worry about it. we know the true metal and that only counts.

lucky999 said:
its just trend, but in a time we have even worse mainstream music (errm or not) like pop shit i dont really worry about it. we know the true metal and that only counts.

+1

Authentic Metalhead said:
Seriously, what the hell is up with metalcore? So many misled youth are listening to metalcore bands and claiming that they're the "heaviest fucking thing you'll ever hear" when they'd shit their pants if they heard Deicide or Cannibal Corpse. To add fuel to the fire, they're starting to make it big in the mainstream music scene, and before long American will have forgotten about :worship: true metal. Please post your thoughts on this overrated sub-genre here.

Dude, to yours, mine, and many others likings, Metalcore is dying down. It is a trend from start to finish, and we'll be seeing the end of it in the next year or two.

I dont listen to many, but my band plays some kind of (death) metalore. It's hard to define what kind it is, but if you want I'll put a link to one of the song we'll be recording in 2 days now. I hope it will change your mind.. "metalcore" is just a name, check the music that's behind... I'm influenced the more by death / black metal (nile, behemoth, anorexia nervosa, (some) dimmu borgir, bodom... just to name some) and my music I define as -core, but it does not at all sounds like hardcore like hatebreed or i dunno.

For the core I enjoy, there are some Chimara songs that are pretty great (as there are a lot of shitty too), or some french bands like Gojira or Pitbulls in the nursery that has some nice things.

But if in you see core as slipknot or pleymo we're not speaking about the same thing.

Sounds intriguing. Do link us.

Also, hardcore is a diverse genre. You've got your simplistic moshcore like Hatebreed and Bury Your Dead, and then there's more complex metal-influenced hardcore like Chimaira and As I Lay Dying. When I say metalcore, I mean bands like the latter, not simple hardcore.