Metalcore: Why?

Anyone listen to Caliban or Heaven Shall Burn? I think they're pretty decent metalcore bands.

As I Lay Dying is awesome live. :Spin:

Sometimes people take the whole is/isn't metal thing too far. What is metal anyway? I doubt there is any pure metal bands left, there is almost always some outside influence. Metalcore is certainly a part of metal, IMO, hence metal in its name.

Shit, there are so many genres,

power metal, speed metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, metalcore, death metal, black metal, progressive metal, punk metal, alternative metal, groove metal, and that's probably not even scratching the surface.

Rock Hydra said:
Sometimes people take the whole is/isn't metal thing too far. What is metal anyway? I doubt there is any pure metal bands left, there is almost always some outside influence. Metalcore is certainly a part of metal, IMO, hence metal in its name.

Shit, there are so many genres,

power metal, speed metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, metalcore, death metal, black metal, progressive metal, punk metal, alternative metal, groove metal, and that's probably not even scratching the surface.

Haha, your post made me think of this one quote I read from somewhere... "There are only two types of metal... Nu Metal and Dragonforce."

Just scratch the surface, and you will find................

Something to [Finish lyric here]

I don't ''like'' them, I never listen to them, I said I thought they are 'alright' because I think that Pull Harder on the strings of your Martyr is a good song, and the drummer fucking owns