Metalcore

No it's not really, their earlier stuff was much more -core related. The new stuff is like watered down, heavily gay and bastardized 80s power/heavy metal.

No it's not really, their earlier stuff was much more -core related. The new stuff is like watered down, heavily gay and bastardized 80s power/heavy metal.

the thing i like about them is that each album is completely different.

i doubt they'll ever top waking the fallen though

Waking The Fallen and Sounding The Seventh Trumpet aren't really different, to be honest. City Of Evil is a big departure, though yeah.

Hmm... I personally enjoy quite a bit of metalcore but I hate ever more. For example, I don't care for Killswitch Engage at all. Or Trivium. Or Unearth.

Some of the stuff I'm into:

Converge
Between the Buried and Me
Prayer for Cleansing
Botch
Coalesce
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The End
Remembering Never
Poison the Well
the first couple From Autumn to Ashes releases
old Cave In (not that I dislike newer Cave In, it's just not metalcore, I love every single release they've ever had)

I also really dig the hardcore / post rock / sludge type of bands like Isis, Neurosis, Envy, and so on.

Cool bands, I knew there was a reason I kept checking this thread. Who would you compare Poison the Well with? I don't know why but I always assumed they were awful without hearing them.

Cool bands, I knew there was a reason I kept checking this thread. Who would you compare Poison the Well with? I don't know why but I always assumed they were awful without hearing them.

Poison the Well are kind of their own thing. One of the bigger influences on metalcore. Just check out The Opposite of December, it's the album that got me into metalcore in the first place. Very heavy for that period of the genre.

One band that always struck me as being quite similar to Poison the Well is 7 Angels 7 Plagues.

MyProof is an awesome metalcore band also, from Japan, they don't sound too much like any other -core band out there, very good guitarists in the band.

http://www.myspace.com/myproof - MyProof

Let me know what you guys think.

Planeterium Sphere best song on there myspace.
Tolerable, but not something I'd choose to listen to. Better than most things you post though.