Metalcore

Did you get the whole album? It's full of awesome!

Holy crap, I Killed The Prom Queen are good...I mean, they're not ORIGINAL but hell I don't even care with this style anymore! The more Caliban-clones there are in the world, the happier I will be!!

I forgot to mention that Glass Casket - We Are Gathered Here Today is really good. Desperate Man's Diary has some good songs, but I think overall it's not as good (the second half of the cd has the best songs, except for the last song). They're death metal with just a bit of metalcore influence (a lot less than All Shall Perish, etc.).

Yeah. I kinda liked ADMD myself.

9 fucking pages and no mention (I skimmed the thread) of these great albums:

Deadguy - Fixation on a Coworker
Kiss It Goodbye - She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not
Life of Agony - River Runs Red

Perhaps a bit more hardcore than metal on the first two, granted.

Good calls on 7 Angels 7 Plagues, Botch, early Cave In, some Poison the Well

some others many of you might like are Isis - Celestial and Stand Up Guy - In Fixation, Conspire.

Um, the best -core band from Australia is DAYSEND by far imho.

I saw this band the other night supporting Psycroptic, they fucking sucked. Way too much posturing, wanky soloing and gay melodic choruses. And the singer was doing the whole "Lets see some hands in the air" during every song, and "THANK YOU MELBOURNE" in between. Ugh.

I saw this band the other night supporting Psycroptic, they fucking sucked. Way too much posturing, wanky soloing and gay melodic choruses. And the singer was doing the whole "Lets see some hands in the air" during every song, and "THANK YOU MELBOURNE" in between. Ugh.

Lol, maybe they aren't the best live, but their CD's fucking kickass.

daysend make me want to die a painfully slow death. they are horrible. im so glad they are fading in popularity here and getting less chances to be support acts.

Life of Agony's "Weeds" is a killer song. Not familiar with the rest of the album, but if it is as good as that song, I'd buy it in a second. Never listened to the rest though. Don't know why. Lazy I guess.

When I first heard metalcore I was intrigued. I got into some of the better stuff. Now I've heard so much shit that it's tainted the good bands. But I'm from the UK and have to put up with an abundance of myspace drones in our society... all of which have a shitcore band that sounds in worship of Bring me the Horizon... Not a good sound at all.

Still, I enjoy The Acacia Strain, All Shall Perrish, Oblige, White Chapel, Ark Angel and maybe some more grindy stuff... but Bands like Unearth, Atreyu, Still Remains and Bleeding Through aswell as all the local metalcore around here can kiss my dick. It's just bad.

Metalcore is the better of the metal cross breeds that exists, in my opinion. Some pretty good bands in the genre that may even pass for melo death.... but they don't. :erk:

Favorites;
All That Remains
As I Lay Dying
Between the Buried and Me
Bleeding Through
Cast The Stone
Converge
Elysia
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
Shadows Fall
Unearth
Neaera
Black Daliha (sp?) Murder
Pig Destroyer (Mainly a grindcore band, but you can't help but hear the metalcore overtones)

Footnote- In my firm belief, out of all -core genres, grindcore reigns supreme. :worship:

Dont care what anyone says,
ATR, killswitch, unearth,l.o.g.,bleeding through all slay
talented guitarists that are all funloving booze-hounds!
if anyone has ever seen killswitch dvd...you know
adam d is fuckin hilarious
oops...forgot bleeding through are xxxstraightedge (keyboardist deserves a deep meatwhistle though)