Metalcore

99% of all metalcore is pure shit...The "early scene" aka. the creators of the genre are the good ones, after that there has been so many bands and horrible albums...rip off after rip off, everything starts to sound the same.But when I hear a good metalcore album, its like hear a good thrash,black,death metal album, it makes you feel good...

99% of all metalcore is pure shit...The "early scene" aka. the creators of the genre are the good ones, after that there has been so many bands and horrible albums...rip off after rip off, everything starts to sound the same.But when I hear a good metalcore album, its like hear a good thrash,black,death metal album, it makes you feel good...

What have you bothered to listen to besides the obvious quite shitty representatives of the genre?

Erm, well so what amazing metal core bands will someone who actually doesn't like any of the elements which make that sub genre enjoy then.

I recommend Deadguy to everyone. It's kind of a mixture of old school hardcore and new hardcore. Really interesting stuff.

They're rather good, cheers for that.

Erm, well so what amazing metal core bands will someone who actually doesn't like any of the elements which make that sub genre enjoy then.

Wow, that sentence took a while to decipher. So you want recommendations, but you don't like metal or hardcore? That's a tough one....

I listen to a lot of metalcore of the technical nature. I enjoy bands like...

Between the Buried and Me
Glass Casket
Protest the Hero
After the Funeral
Evergreen Terrace
Ash & Elm
Harlots
Feast for the Crows
The Number 12 Looks Like You

I also listen to stuff like From Autumn to Ashes, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine and Killswitch Engage when I feel like listening to something simplistic and catchy.

On the subject of techcore (made that up) a fav of mine is PsyOpus. I'm probably the only fan of that crazy ass band on here.

I like them, but I haven't bought any of their stuff yet. Definitely not easy listening...