Metalcore

Are you talking about 7 Angels 7 Plagues and Deadguy? (aka pretty much the only bands I personally recommended)

I would hardly call those bands boring but if you don't like it, whatever.

metalcore is pretty much what got me into metal, hence i like a lot of it.

even tho its constantly flamed on this board.

Boy I sure am glad I'm not living under a rock like 99% of the people posting here...god forbid you listen to metalcore and every other genre of metal right back to "true heavy metal."

Boy I sure am glad I'm not living under a rock like 99% of the people posting here...god forbid you listen to metalcore and every other genre of metal right back to "true heavy metal."

Then you listen to good Metal and a bunch of stuff that is derivative, diluted, pretentious and boring, so what?

EDIT: And yes, newer "true" metal is derivative as well, but most of that stuff sucks too, sans bands that take it in an original direction or are more inventive in the guitar and arrangement department. I guess the ultimate point of my argument is that new stuff sucks in general when it comes to most cases. Understanding and listening to older stuff, gathering contextual information in terms of influence, and just plain searching it out is much more rewarding.

Oh OK I'll be sure to listen to other people about what is more rewarding instead of following my own plan of development from now on, thank you for helping me see the light. :p

Your argument sucks because I know you like a ton of newer metal, and anyway this thread is about metalcore, which you don't like. If you don't like it, why do you even continue to post. One "fuck this genre" comment should be enough; more than that is trolling.

I don't find the metalcore I favor to be boring, pretentious (wtf?), diluted, or particularly derivative (and even if so, I guess we'll just ignore than 99% of modern bands are derivative of SOMETHING).

itt VVVVV gets butthurt and defends everythingcore to the death by passively insulting people who are too 'closedminded' to listen to the shitty music he likes?

:loco:

I think it's more of an annoyance with the amount of people that post in this thread without anything relevant to say.

itt VVVVV gets butthurt and defends everythingcore to the death by passively insulting people who are too 'closedminded' to listen to the shitty music he likes?

:loco:

No I just think it's stupid for people to come here and talk shit about something annoyingly :p

But yeah, my butt hurts...wtf d00d.

If I'm going to listen to a metalcore band I prefer that there more metal than core like If Hope Dies and The Autumn Offering in the case of these bands they started off metalcore and their moving into the melodic deathmetal genre.

metalcore/melodicdeathmetal
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=130788237

Also I think most bands in the metalcore genre get into it because it's mainstream and then they either stay pigeonholed or branch out into other genres