Metalcore

:kickass:

If you've not you need to hear Integrity, Ringworm, and Overcast - it'd probably appeal to you a decent bit.

Why haven't you visited the store yet? We're having this sale where you can get an Iron Maiden - Killers or Number picture disk with an IM shirt for 20 bucks.

...awesome deal!!!

Also, @chuj666, Autumn Offering are alright, I have Embrace The Gutter. Doesn't stand out much.

Parkway Drive - Horizons really stood out for me as a great metalcore album this year.

It Dies Today - The Caitiff Choir is a great album too...every other song the band goes from FUCKING BR00TAL metalcore to poppy stuff and it's a cool mix.

Why haven't you visited the store yet? We're having this sale where you can get an Iron Maiden - Killers or Number picture disk with an IM shirt for 20 bucks.

Haha, I just don't get out much.

aka I can't get my parents to give me a ride

Not having a car fucking sucks.

...awesome deal!!!

Also, @chuj666, Autumn Offering are alright, I have Embrace The Gutter. Doesn't stand out much.

Parkway Drive - Horizons really stood out for me as a great metalcore album this year.

It Dies Today - The Caitiff Choir is a great album too...every other song the band goes from FUCKING BR00TAL metalcore to poppy stuff and it's a cool mix.

Parkway Drive and It Dies Today both kick major ass :kickass::kickass:

New It Dies Today makes me want to vomit my Christmas dinner up.

:puke:

I've heard Parkway Drive once and they're ok from what I can remember.

Anyone like I Killed The Prom Queen? Stupid name but I like the music.

Just started listening to "Protest the Hero". Any comments on them?? I don't listen to much MetalCore at all. These guys are great musicians, the vocals are not my thing though. It might grow on me a lot though, I really like "Kezia".

Good to hear some positive reviews for Parkway Drive. I've never listened them before, but I'm being dragged to see them with KSE, Everytime I Die, and Dillinger in February. I know DSE recently released a new album. How is it? It'd be nice if a couple of the bands turned out to be decent, since I thoroughly dislike KSE and Everytime I Die.

Good to hear some positive reviews for Parkway Drive. I've never listened them before, but I'm being dragged to see them with KSE, Everytime I Die, and Dillinger in February. I know DSE recently released a new album. How is it? It'd be nice if a couple of the bands turned out to be decent, since I thoroughly dislike KSE and Everytime I Die.

Two reasons why I'm not seeing that show:

1) 30 bucks a ticket
2) Dillinger Escape Plan is on the bill

Just started listening to "Protest the Hero". Any comments on them?? I don't listen to much MetalCore at all. These guys are great musicians, the vocals are not my thing though. It might grow on me a lot though, I really like "Kezia".
Protest the Hero is a favorite of mine right now, I'm really looking forward to the new album. As far as the singer goes, he'd definately sound fitting in an emo, post-hardcore, pop, or rock band but it doesn't matter to me because he is a talented singer and probably has better technique and execution than most power metal singers do these days. He gets my thumbs-up.

yea they arent bad, like everyone at my school as a prom queen shirt tho =/ lol..

btw nice avatar :kickass: the absence, i liked from your grave more tho.

Yeah parkway drive and i killed the prom queen are good.

but out of metalcore i like Lamb of God, Killswitch engage, Still Remains and a couple bullet for my valentine songs (hope i dont get flamed for that).

Protest the Hero is a favorite of mine right now, I'm really looking forward to the new album. As far as the singer goes, he'd definately sound fitting in an emo, post-hardcore, pop, or rock band but it doesn't matter to me because he is a talented singer and probably has better technique and execution than most power metal singers do these days. He gets my thumbs-up.

It's true that he's very good at what he does, & it is not easy to do. Technical skill isn't what makes a great vocalist though. He sounds like the guy from Killswitch when he sings soft, & that's the only thing I don't like about that band.