Metalcore

Should have killed the disease back in it's infancy....

You say that, but many people would not find the metal you like such as thrash/death/black metal without first hearing metalcore.

i wouldnt be into any metal if it werent for first getting into metalcore.

See for me, when I first saw a Cannibal Corpse album cover, I said "Im in".

I had never even known who cannibal corpse was until i watched headbangers ball this summer, im just now getting into them.

i have kill and the bleeding. and a few songs off tomb of the mutilated.

what album did you see?

Cannibal%20Corpse%20-%20Bloodthirst.jpg

That and the one with the monster coming out of some bitches vag.

When I was about 13 or 14, I thought the band Caliban was great. The other day, now 17, I popped the CD in to see if I still felt that way. Well, there's this one song that basically goes "I wake up in flames, like everyday, with my heart in my hands," over...and over...and over...and over again, only in different ways. Finally I said "Screw it" and shut it off.

The only other metalcore band I ever heard before was Killswitch Engage, and. Um. They kinda speak for themselves.

I guess I can't judge, since I don't have much metalcore experience, so to speak, but my pal sums metalcore up as "mixing any subgenre of metal with emo," and that idea kinda scares me.

yeah, metalcore in its purest form is a mixture of thrash and New York-style hardcore punk.

Despised motherfucking Icon kicks total and complete ass. I just got reminded of how insanely brutal The Healing Process is recently...holy fuck.