Metalcore

Great song but I still think Murder In Technicolor is better. :p

I'll agree that Wake Up In Hell probably has the best breakdown ever, though. It totally fucking beats your face in.

I picked up the new Parkway Drive album, I never heard of them until reading this thread. Pretty decent stuff. Some cool, inventive riffs going on.

Indeed!

@Shredhead: saying "omg i kno im not tr00 for likeing shaodws fawl" is asking for flames because it's immature and stupid.

Also yes the breakdown in Wake Up In Hell fucking beats your face in. Althought Sword & Bullet is the runner up for the amazing cymbal playing between riffs.

Machine Head and Killswitch Engage are good bands although, I just realized I haven't listened to KsE in ages... Wonder if I still like them as much as I used to. Havn't heard much Shadows fall, but I like what I've heard.

Machine Head and Killswitch Engage are good bands although, I just realized I haven't listened to KsE in ages... Wonder if I still like them as much as I used to. Havn't heard much Shadows fall, but I like what I've heard.

I don't consider any of those bands to be metalcore.

Machine Head isn't, but the others are...sadly.

Heaven Shall Burn's "The Weapon They Fear" is up there with the top metalcore songs ever for me also...

Yes, but we all know it changed to what it is now.

if it hadn't "devolved" it probably wouldn't have got as much flak as it does now. the clear influence of nu-metal is ever present in the more mainstream brand of modern metalcore and thats why it gets a bad rap. Someone should've killed Korn on their way to the recording studio in 1993 and this whole mess would've been avoided.

I highly doubt most metalcore bands are influenced by Korn...most are influenced by Throwdown, Earth Crisis, Discharge, etc...