Metalcore

Just started listening to "Protest the Hero". Any comments on them?? I don't listen to much MetalCore at all. These guys are great musicians, the vocals are not my thing though. It might grow on me a lot though, I really like "Kezia".

They're probably my favorite metalcore band right now (even though there are only 2 other metalcore bands I like) I enjoy their technical guitars alot.

Haven't delved too deeply into metalcore, as I was only really into it while I was still new to Metal.

However, I still like A7X's Waking the Fallen (say what you want, I believe it to be some of the best -core I've heard), As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, LoG and KsE. Black Dahlia Murder are pretty good, but I consider them more melodic death than anything else.

It's good to listen to every now and then, but gets boring after a while as the formula gets overused with most of the more mainstream bands which I listen to.

I feel so damn old. MetalCore didn't even exist when I started listening to Metal & I'm only 23, lol.

Protest the Hero is pretty damn good stuff though. I will check out their new one when it comes out, definitely.

lamb of god is my favourite band now
i personally dont like black metal or anything like that, doesnt sound that great and dont look too nice

but maybe because i'm a Christian

Who cares if you're Christian, you can't understand most Black Metal anyways. Shit, a good bit of it is not even sung in English. It's supposed to envoke a mood & atmosphere most of the time anyways. I sure have better things to do than obsess over song lyrics.

I'm partial to Lamb of God, but I listened to New Gospel today & it's better than say Sacrament or Ashes of the Wake.

lamb of god is my favourite band now
i personally dont like black metal or anything like that, doesnt sound that great and dont look too nice

but maybe because i'm a Christian

I am a Catholic, along with fellow poster Zephyrous, and I dont care if I like black metal. Dont think it is terrible that someone does not have the same morals than you.

Plus, there are many bands that dont speak about satanic ideals.

OK seriously let's leave religion out of this you bunch of cockmasters.

Maroon owns your false bones.

I hate to harp on it, but seriously, these bands, especially It Dies Today, Parkway Drive, Ringworm and Maroon are just as trendy around my poser job as Killswitch, etc.

And yes, I know Ringworm used to be good. Poison the Well actually used to be good as well, but duly noted is that fact that as soon as they take up the "metalcore" label, they start sucking. :erk:

We play the new BTBAM at work all the time now, it's a frustrating release, because the throwback 70's prog parts are just brilliantly integrated with the metal parts, but then they throw in a totally homo breakdown with annoying teenscream and all that shit. Ugh.

We play the new BTBAM at work all the time now, it's a frustrating release, because the throwback 70's prog parts are just brilliantly integrated with the metal parts, but then they throw in a totally homo breakdown with annoying teenscream and all that shit. Ugh.

The new BTBAM suffer from trying to put too many ideas into the same track, even if said tracks are 5-10 minutes. When they actually get going they are awesome, but then they throw in some acoustic section, fuck it up with a boring breakdown, or attempt to emulate some other kind of music.

Ants of the Sky would be kick ass if they didn't try and throw in as many different genres of music as they could.

I feel so damn old. MetalCore didn't even exist when I started listening to Metal & I'm only 23, lol.

Protest the Hero is pretty damn good stuff though. I will check out their new one when it comes out, definitely.

the concept of metalcore has been around since the mid 1980s, actually.