Metalcore

I consider Machinehead to be Rob's failing attempt at last chance stardom as his name and his past are disgraced for generations to come.

Actually, JFAC is pretty much a joke on true death metal. :p

Job For A Cowboy isn't that bad. Pretty decent actually.

I think JFACB just gets slammed for being core-by-association or something. Despite what some may say they are Deathmetal! If they existed ten years ago playing exactly what they play now, no one would give them a seconds fucking glance about being anything but a standard DM band(other than their name maybe).

They don't have comb-overs, wear girl pants, have core-breakdowns, or gay "clean" parts.

Sure they're just rehashing old metal to a new audience, but there music doesn't suck!

They don't particularly sound "modern"
(whatever that means). Their music doesn't contain any more hardcore influence then a shitload of other popular Metal/deathmetal bands over the years. I never claimed they would get confused with anybody. But they could easily have played shows with the likes of suffocation, malevolent creation, or cannibal corpse, 10+ years ago and no one would wonder what this "hardcore" band was doing playing the show. Like I said: no one would give them a second glance. They would just be another death metal band.

You can dismiss them on the basis of their music being un-interesting, un-original, or whatever, and that would be fine. But the amount of hate this bands gets by metal fans can only really be the result of their core-by-association.

Job For A Cowboy isn't that bad. Pretty decent actually.

I think JFACB just gets slammed for being core-by-association or something. Despite what some may say they are Deathmetal! If they existed ten years ago playing exactly what they play now, no one would give them a seconds fucking glance about being anything but a standard DM band(other than their name maybe).

They don't have comb-overs, wear girl pants, have core-breakdowns, or gay "clean" parts.

Sure they're just rehashing old metal to a new audience, but there music doesn't suck!

You're arguing with someone who likes metalcore so obviously the "-core" element isn't the problem.

I wasn't necessarily arguing with V on the merits of their music. I know he is into a lot of core stuff (i am also to an extent), which is why I find it odd the even he would slam them as being a joke on "true death metal" (what ever the fuck that is).

My only point is that bands like JFACB and many others get dismissed and slammed as just being pseudo-metal core shit. But there is nothing pseudo about it. It is metal. Even if its being played by and to scenster core fags, the music is metal.

I'm not even saying that any of it is good, i'm just trying to be objective about it. I hate scene kids as much as anybody, but if they want to play metal that's fine by me.