Metalcore

O God, The Aftermath is awesome.

Indeed. :kickass:

i assumed norma jean were shit, but after you mentioned that i noticed the only song i heard that i liked by them was on O god, the aftermath. i have high hopes for this cd now haha

You won't be disappointed. The whole album is quality. I went through an 8 month period of listening to it pretty much everyday.

But yeah, it's a shame that they ruined it all with Redeemer.

I have Redeemer and I'm pretty sure it's just going for the pure hardcore sound as opposed to their popularilzed metalcore sound. I would never have even mentioned it in a metalcore context. I'm not Familiar with 'O God, The Aftermath' but I hated the debut Norma Jean CD and I rather like this one when I'm in the right mood.

Metalcore is just At The Gates meets Journey played by kids who value haircuts over anything else. It's the new glam. In 15 years you'll have all these people denying any role in it, until their myspace pictures resurface to which they'll reply "Oh, it was the 2000s everyone was dressing like that." I'd personally rather listen to Leo Sayer than any band with a sentence for a nmae and 5 guys with sideways haircuts. Metalcore is a trend, and not even a good one.

Check out other HSB shit too, particularly Deaf To Our Prayers.

I recommend this too, great record.

EDIT: @the autocrat: You just haven't been listening to the good stuff. Check recommendations made in this thread for good metalcore, not that scene-kid crap.

Metalcore is just At The Gates meets Journey played by kids who value haircuts over anything else. It's the new glam. In 15 years you'll have all these people denying any role in it, until their myspace pictures resurface to which they'll reply "Oh, it was the 2000s everyone was dressing like that." I'd personally rather listen to Leo Sayer than any band with a sentence for a nmae and 5 guys with sideways haircuts. Metalcore is a trend, and not even a good one.

"All metal is just screaming and noise. I fail to understand why anyone likes it at all."

That's you basically. Learn more about things before you ignorantly bash them. Also, there is metalcore which is heavier and more badass than a lot of death metal out today, and it's not scene in the least. You haven't even scratched the surface.

"All metal is just screaming and noise. I fail to understand why anyone likes it at all."

That's you basically. Learn more about things before you ignorantly bash them. Also, there is metalcore which is heavier and more badass than a lot of death metal out today, and it's not scene in the least. You haven't even scratched the surface.

Okay.

I think we should make a tally for people who post that exact same thing in this thread.

Sorry if I was being redundant, I shouldn't have commented on something I know so little about.
boy19.jpg