Metalcore

Anyone like August Burns Red?

Messengers was pretty great, although I completely ignore the lyrics. Check out Oh, Sleeper if you like them.

as for my top metalcore, it's too hard for me to narrow it down to 10 for now, but i'll try later

Between The Buried and Me - Colors, The Silent Circus, Self-titled

The Red Chord - Fused Together In Revolving Doors, Clients

Oh, Sleeper - When I Am God (good christian metalcore)

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Calculating Infinity, Ire Works, Irony Is A Dead Scene

Ion Dissonance - Solace

Psyopus - Ideas Of Reference

Protest The Hero - Kezia, Fortress

Reflux - The Illusion of Democracy

Architects - Ruin

Converge - Jane Doe

Car Bomb - Centralia

I also checked out Maroon earlier as I'd never really heard of them before...great stuff, I only managed to find Endorsed By Hate though.

Only good metalcore band mentioned so far is Black Dahlia and they aren't even to great nor are they entirely metalcore. Really them LOG ,old All that Remains and some Despised Icon are the only half way decent metalcore bands all this Parkway Drive /All Shall Perish bullshit is gay listen to real metal people not this ghetto fucking little college frat kid bullshit.

Actually I don't necessarily have a problem with deathcore. When I first heard Despised Icon I was all "it's Hardcore mixed with Deathmetal, and it's good... deathcore, cool". When I started hearing the majority of bands that get labeled deathcore I was more like "it's recycled melodic deathmetal with shitty generic breakdowns sprinkled throughout it.... meh"

Yeah I didn't even have to go to other bands as much as listen to some of the other tracks to see it sucked. They have a few good hits along with A life Once Lost and JfAC, it was nice to pay 15 dollars to see a concert with all of them but really I'd take a Power Metal or Black Metal concert over this shit any day.

Why keep posting if you won't even give the best bands in the genre a chance? What is with these new posters completely failing to provide any interesting or worthwhile discussion that furthers anything?

Why keep posting if you won't even give the best bands in the genre a chance? What is with these new posters completely failing to provide any interesting or worthwhile discussion that furthers anything?

I think I'm going to ignore them from now on. I'm tired of telling people to delve further into metalcore. :rolleyes:

Buried Inside's Chronoclast is the best metalcore album I have heard. Well, I'll be honest, it is the only good one I have heard. The only reason I like it is probably because it doesn't fit comfortably within the conventions of the genre. In fact, it would probably be a disservice to the quality of the album to label it metalcore. Whatevs...