Metalcore

No, they try to be metal and they just aren't. Trivium are way more metal than KSE. They try to be something they're not and that makes them gay.

I read a quote from Adam D that said emo is for homos. Well atleast emo is emo not half emo half nu metal like his band.

G.A.Y!!!

ok i see what you mean

I'll admit that Howard Jones is pretty entertaining live, as well as an all around nice guy. Adam Dutkiewicz is a retarded homosexual however.

How about the original Metalcore guys? Also known as Crossover! Now that's the good shit. Contemporary Metalcore isn't bad, but does have a lot of lasting effect. The only band that comes to mind that I remember liking is Heaven Shall Burn. They manage to inject brutality into their style, even though they lack in progression.

Would Martyr A.D. count? I guess they're a little closer to modern Hardcore, but they are pretty heavy. I enjoy their more Metal passages while I loath (though at times enjoy) their numerous amounts of breakdowns.

Yeah, well i've been a lifelong metalhead and i've heard probably 5 good metalcore bands in my life. I don't personally like Parkway,being an aussie i've seen them at festivals and stuff, and i think they suck total arse, but if you mean metalcore in the traditional sense, i think the term "Crossover Thrash" is more appropriate. Bands like S.O.D, Nuclear Assault,D.R.I, The Accused, and bands like that are all pretty awesome but not this Caliban, As I Lay Dying, It Dies Today (does it? how do you know?) and KSE faggotry.

*cough*

Acey: REALLY GOOD metalcore is not like screamo whatsoever. It gets a bad rap due to a lot of gay shit like Killswitch Engage but has some awesome underground gems. I like Parkway Drive though...

all the videos you posted fit my description of screamo :p

it sounds metal enough to be called metal to me... i just don't care for it.

so i'm finishing up the last video now... some of the riffs were cool but overrall these just get a big meh from me... all the vocalists sound like they are trying too hard and the chugga chugga riffs bore me... well hey i gave it a shot

Try these then:

Last edited by a moderator:
all the videos you posted fit my description of screamo :p

Wikipedia (which is correct in this case) said:
Screamo is a musical genre which evolved from emo and hardcore punk in the early 1990s. Characteristic of the genre are screaming vocals, harmonized guitars, rhythmic bass, and fast-paced riffs. Screamo has been described as "mixing the literate, poetic lyrics of emo punk with a harsher and more metallic brand of sonic thrash"[1] as well as using screaming vocals "as a kind of crescendo element, a sonic weapon to be trotted out when the music and lyrics (every bit as evolved and autobiographically sincere as emo's were) reach a particular emotional pitch".[2] Other than that, it is fairly hard to classify (particularly since the rule about screaming vocals is bent fairly often). In addition to that, screamo has significant overlap with other genres like grindcore and even post-rock.[citation needed]

:p Nothing like metalcore tbh.

Well personally I am sick of trying to show people good metalcore. You can keep being stupid and insistently hateful towards it or recognize that there are awesome bands you dislike playing GOOD metalcore worldwide.

So true lol, but people are like that with all types of music. Particularly with Rap, people are misguided because of the shit they see in the mainstream.

Also, anyone like Misery Signals? I never really thought much of them but I listened to Mirrors again and it has some great songs. They have really bright and emotional I find , like in Migrate, The Failsafe and Something Was Always Missing But It Was Never You.

I just listened to Parkway Drive's Horizons and I think it might actually be a little better than Killing with a Smile. Very catchy album.

Yes, I feel it might be better too, though I like "Anasasis (Xenophontis)" and "Romance Is Dead" better than almost any song OTHER THAN "Five Months" and "Feed Them To The Pigs" off Horizons.

Yes, I feel it might be better too, though I like "Anasasis (Xenophontis)" and "Romance Is Dead" better than almost any song OTHER THAN "Five Months" and "Feed Them To The Pigs" off Horizons.

Yeah, Anasis (Xenophontis) and Romance Is Dead have that epic touch to them. Both are similarly written, I think.

Five Months and Boneyards are my favorite off Horizons so far.

I hate you all. KsE is god.
I'm not gonna lie, I like 'Alive or Just Breathing'. A lot. Great, catchy riffs and guitar harmonies, good vocals in every sense, and a pop sensibility which is something that doesn't bother me at all.

On another topic, anyone here like 'Sikth'? Fucking incredible band. Along the lines of Lye By Mistake, really fusion/jazzy metalcore with eclectic influences and vocals, and outlandishly technical playing.

I had Killswitch Engage's s/t for a month or so but hadn't gotten around to listening to it (got probably 100 new CDs in a last couple monthts). Ya'll dicussing them convinced me to whip it out and listen to it. Pretty awesome stuff. Not as low-end as I would like but there's certainly nothing wrong with them.

Ya'll also got me to try out Heavan Shall Burn. Very cool from what I've heard so far.

i think it would be cool if nation of ulysses wore tight pants and had that sort of japanese/asian young urban dude spike too much gel look, cuz you know, asian people have coarse monkey hair, and cool breakdowns. and also they weren't like 40 now or whatever.