Metalcore

Yea your right, because we all know how talented Burzum/Nile style bands are *laugh*

I prefer Melodic Death / Hardcore / Metalcore

At least they actually can play melodic notes rather then beat on their instruments, don't get me wrong there is good BM, Graveworm/Stormlord/Catamenia, but that is the minority. Anyways its all personal preference, but im going by skill, and melody.

I hate clean vocals, but when they are used in the chorus's they actually are good.

Oh lol, do you even know my name (band)? THEY PERSONIFY FUCKING MELODY, listen to that then listen to BM and you can see the difference so much, then listen to Hardcore and listen to BM and compare, lol.

You honestly can't say, BM takes more skill...

BM doesn't take more skill because that's NOT THE POINT, but to say that black metal has less melody than metalcore is an absolute lie. Sure, it may not have upbeat, major key melodies like metalcore, but black metal is the epitome of melody. Hardcore is one of the least melodic genres in the guitar-based areas, and metalcore, being an offshoot of it, also has a lot of melody lacking. Remember, just because it's not POPPY doesn't mean it's not MELODIC.

And by the way, Nile is far from black metal and Burzum is full of melody. You probably just listened to the vocals and judged the rest of the music before really listening to it. Listen to early Emperor and early Satyricon and tell me that's not melodic.

Yea your right, because we all know how talented Burzum/Nile style bands are *laugh*

Why are you grouping Burzum and Nile together as if to imply that they play similar styles? They're completely different. And yes, Burzum has put out some extremely good music but you obviously won't understand this since your concept of quality and artistic viability seems to be pretty shallow. Also, Nile is way more musically adept and creative than any of these fucking gay melodic metalcore bands, even if they aren't exactly phenomenal. If you don't understand this, you don't understand music.

Hence your lack of taste.

At least they actually can play melodic notes rather then beat on their instruments,

I'll let you in on a little secret, kid. Writing music with 'melodic notes' in the sense you're using this term is one of the fucking easiest things in the world. Here, I'll go pick up my guitar right now and write melodic metal riff # 520,738. Yup, just did one, and it was perfectly catchy and designed to get me a record deal in no time. That was the easiest thing I've ever done.

Oh lol, do you even know my name (band)? THEY PERSONIFY FUCKING MELODY, listen to that then listen to BM and you can see the difference so much, then listen to Hardcore and listen to BM and compare, lol.

I honestly don't give a flying fuck about the band denoted by your username.

Sure I can. Why? Because my judgments of musical quality aren't based on some narrow aesthetic parameters according to which any band whose music doesn't fit the 'nice sounding melodic metal riff in natural minor' template isn't good.

At least they actually can play melodic notes rather then beat on their instruments, don't get me wrong there is good BM, Graveworm/Stormlord/Catamenia, but that is the minority. Anyways its all personal preference, but im going by skill, and melody.

I hate clean vocals, but when they are used in the chorus's they actually are good.

what the hell are you talking about kid?? nile is a very technical band

nile = technical death metal not black metal

technical death metal is probably the most technical/complex genre of metal in the world (along with progressive metal)

Here you go:

Still Remains
Hell Within (Awesome)
Heaven Shall Burn
All That Remains
DieCast
Destroy the Runner
A Love Ends Suicide
ShadowsFall (Putting them here now, because they alternate vocals)
Caliban
Scar Symmetry (Same reasons as ShadowsFall)
Killswitch Engage
Haste The Day
Demon Hunter
Beneath The Sky (Kind of Death/metalcore ish)
It Dies Today (ONLY GET THE CAITOFF CHOIR, new shit sucks ass not even metal, gay new lead singer)
Bleed The Sky
Dry Kill Logic

Post-Hardcore I guess

As I Lay Dying
Catherine
August Burns Red
War of Ages
Invocation of Nehek
Bloodsimple
Dead Man in Reno
Himsa
Demise of Eros
Fear My Thoughts
Bloodlined Calligraphy
The Agony Scene
Death Before Dishonor
The only decent ones here are Still Remains, Heaven Shall Burn, and August Burns Red. The rest suck.

Animosity (California) is pretty good. http://www.myspace.com/animositysf

As for Disarmonia Mundi...Mind Tricks is absolute garbage, but Fragment of D-Generation is good. I haven't heard Nebularium.

I like Mind Tricks a lot! I don't understand why everyone hates it! It is almost exactly like Fragments Of D-Generation!...

Also, Nebularium is IMO their best album. It's progressive death metal, though. And DM aren't metalcore anyway (though both recent albums have had metalcore, even rock, tendencies).

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=3084112

Fear My Thoughts - Sweetest Hell

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=12593451

Dead Man in Reno - From Here I Can See

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4480872

Dark Haven - Forever Haunted / Revenant

Listen to those, and tell me what you think.

Im done arguing, I just don't like the way BM is, by definition it leaves out a lot of stuff. You know why the solo's you created are "catchy" thats because they are melodic, go play Inhumanity (Mors Principium Est) for me, then come back and say that takes no skill and is solo #2582387583295. Who cares how hard it is to do as long as it grabs your attention......

Just for you

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=15293000

Disarmonia Mundi : OceanGrave / Celestial Furnace

Im a bit bias I will admit, because I play keyboards, so I move towards the Melodic DM style with MPE/EToS/Dis.Mundi/Kalmah/Norther/CoB(dont really like them)/myGRAIN/Skyfire/TheDuskfall/Noumena/EnterMySilence type bands.

I'll take any grindcore band over a metalcore band anyday. Grindcore is much more musically interesting than metalcore, I'd say. Less generic and cliche, at the very least.

I'm afraid grind will suffer the same fate with this "myspace" scenester trend.

next will probably be be suicidal black metal considering Xasthur signed to a "scene" label like Hydra Head (which is actually not a bad label, but a lot of people who like that label are very "sceney")

I'm afraid grind will suffer the same fate with this "myspace" scenester trend.

Aye, it sucks. Now all of these "grindcore" bands like Job For a Cowboy, The Red Chord, Psyopus, etc., etc., etc., are "cool" to like. And fag kids my age are calling ME a poser because I say I like grind just because it's becoming cool. Meanwhile they are listening to JFAC and I am listening to Birdflesh and other REAL grind. I hate it.

I was listening to Rotten Sound when those fuckers where listening to the Backstreet Boys.

Meh you guys get too caught up in the way other people judge you, just listen to what you like and who gives a shit what other people think?

It sounds like your all still stuck in HS, I must listen to something other people don't to be "cool" -.-

So your not going to like the music anymore if more people start listening to it even if it is the same lol.

Aye, it sucks. Now all of these "grindcore" bands like Job For a Cowboy, The Red Chord, Psyopus, etc., etc., etc., are "cool" to like. And fag kids my age are calling ME a poser because I say I like grind just because it's becoming cool. Meanwhile they are listening to JFAC and I am listening to Birdflesh and other REAL grind. I hate it.

I was listening to Rotten Sound when those fuckers where listening to the Backstreet Boys.

Red Chord I can tolerate. JFAC, not so much.

Meh you guys get too caught up in the way other people judge you, just listen to what you like and who gives a shit what other people think?

It sounds like your all still stuck in HS, I must listen to something other people don't to be "cool" -.-

So your not going to like the music anymore if more people start listening to it even if it is the same lol.

I don't want faggots listening to the same music as me. like, say they get a bootycall from their flamer boyfriend, the one guy brings a Rotten Sound album and says "hey this would be perfect music for me to sodomize your tight virgin ass to"

I don't want faggots listening to the same music as me. like, say they get a bootycall from their flamer boyfriend, the one guy brings a Rotten Sound album and says "hey this would be perfect music for me to sodomize your tight virgin ass to"

Who the fuck cares who listens to what as long as you like it -.-.

Why do you care what other people listen to? Just because they are a fag, and they listen to it, doesn't mean you are... This generalization that 1 genre = this way of life / dress / etc. is retarded. Same thing people say "only people with long hair = metal" << retarded also.