Metalcore

:p

Fuck arguing it. If you honestly cannot see what is similar between LoG and a bunch of other metalcore, then you are honestly quite deaf.

Not all metalcore has screamo vocals fyi and there definitely is quite a bit of chugga chugga riffs in Lamb of God.

Given that "groove metal" isn't even a recognized genre, they fit more accurately into the genre of metalcore. Listen to the vocal delivery, rhythm, riff style, etc. Pretty fuckin' hardcore sounding.

Groove metal IS a recognized genre and is also known as post-thrash. There are enough notable groove metal bands for it to be an established genre. See this for reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groove_metal

My ears are fine and I'm not the only one who thinks that Lamb of God aren't metalcore.

Lamb of God has those stop and go metal-core riffs. You know the 'hip' disjointed riffs that people think are mindlowingly 'tech' because they have pauses and resemble terminator.

It's really more of a descriptive term. Wikipedia is not the be-all-end-all of metal knowledge, either. Lamb Of God are METALCORE. End of fucking story.

I know, but couldn't you say that about any subgenre of the major metal genres (namely thrash, black, death, etc.) and thus render their use obsolete? Not to be an ass, but think about that.

But by metalcore, do you mean the original type of metalcore or the currently popular "All That Remains/Killswitch Engage" type of metalcore?

I just checked out Despised Icon. Liking them very much. There's some monstrously heavy riffs in there. :kickass:

:p

Fuck arguing it. If you honestly cannot see what is similar between LoG and a bunch of other metalcore, then you are honestly quite deaf.

I listen to metalcore still and don't see any bands who are so similar to Lamb of God. Their vocals are different than almost anything I've heard, definitely not hardcore at all. Sure, they have the "stop and go" riffs, but this could be as an influence of hardcore, a small part of groove metal.

Vocals don't really come into the equation at all and your opinion seems incorrigible so OK then call them groove metal have fun...whatever. Doesn't really matter much to me.

The new With Passion leaked...it's alright. Kinda tinny sounding.

Groove metal IS a recognized genre and is also known as post-thrash. There are enough notable groove metal bands for it to be an established genre. See this for reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groove_metal

UltraBoris from Metal Archives is the only other place where I've seen anyone use the term "groove metal." Therefore, it is not a real genre. Wikipedia, while a great source for many things, lists many metal genres that do not exist.

Vocals don't really come into the equation at all and your opinion seems incorrigible so OK then call them groove metal have fun...whatever. Doesn't really matter much to me.

I brought up vocals only because someone else did. I don't feel like looking back.

Fury of the Storm said:
I don't see why everyone flames Job for a Cowboy. They are not that bad as everyone makes them to be.

I flame Job for a Cowboy because they call themselves death metal. Their music actually isn't that bad.