Metalcore

Is there actually ANY good metalcore? All I've heard is pretty much garbage, at least compared to some solid DM or BM. No comparison really...

Though granted, all I've heard are KSE, A7x and some random bands my cousin likes. I just don't know why I should bother looking into some bastardized metal form.

Oh OK so all you've heard are absolute SHIT bands that do not represent the genre at all and you're asking if there's anything good? Hm, OK.

"Hi I have only heard Marduk's World Funeral and I have a question. IS THERE ANY GOOD BLACK METAL THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED IT ALL SOUNDS LIKE SHIT WHY SHOULD I LOOK INTO THIS FORM OF MUSIC IT IS WITHOUT ANY REAL POSITIVE ASPECTS."

How about you listen to some of the shit I (and others) posted about which is actually good instead of making retarded posts like this. You have no excuse.

Hey people who have absolutely no idea about metalcore at all please go listen to Starkweather, Overcast, 7 Angels 7 Plagues, etc. before trying to say metalcore is all ATG-ripoff bullshit. I'm seriously not saying this again.. You people are no better than idiots going "all metal is screaming and noise."

Also, deathcore is a style within metalcore. It usually consists of more complex death metal-styled metalcore usu. with technical riff style, deeper vocals than usually, lots of wacky parts and death metal riffs. It is NOT a different genre outside of metalcore.

Forgive me for sounding newbish and maybe ignortant here, but what exactly is the difference between "Harcore" and "Metalcore"? I thought "metalcore" was the same as "Nu-Metal", and I'm not sure what qualifies as "Hardcore".

(New-School) Hardcore: Throwdown, Hatebreed, etc. Metalcore is metal influence + these influences (namely, shouting vocals, blatant breakdowns, groove-based structure). Metalcore is NOT nu-metal or anything close. One listen to really any metalcore band that isn't horrible (TRIVIUM ET AL AKA) will show you this.

Forgive me for sounding newbish and maybe ignortant here, but what exactly is the difference between "Harcore" and "Metalcore"? I thought "metalcore" was the same as "Nu-Metal", and I'm not sure what qualifies as "Hardcore".

People also like to use the term to mean "shit". "Nu-metal" and "Emo" are other terms that have suffered the same fate. Whether the band are any of these three styles is mostly irrelevant apparently.

do people not realize that there is a good side and a shitty side to most forms of music and a lot of metal really popular to the point that it was considered pop music. I saw a really shitty movie a few months ago with hulk hogan being some kind of soldier/nanny where he walks into a 9 year olds room and the little shit is blasting some shit that sounds slayer.

the only "legendary" metalcore band I know is STARKWEATHER, metalcore isn't my cup of tea nor this band though. If you like metalcore without breakdown and sludge this band is for you.

otherwise the only metalcore bands I like are: Xplicit Noize, Malefaction and GFK

a couple of hardcore bands I like:

Vietnom
Gorilla Biscuits
Cro Mags
Good Clean Fun
Kids like us
Sick of it all
the FUs
Sheer Terror
Negative FX
Negative Approach
Floorpunch
Donnybrook

etc.

Awwww, it looks like the baby is trying to be tr00 :lol:

Bullcrap. I couldn't care less about what other people think of my tastes. And most of the "tr00" norweigan black metal that so many on these forum rave does not appeal to me at all.

Oh OK so all you've heard are absolute SHIT bands that do not represent the genre at all and you're asking if there's anything good? Hm, OK.

"Hi I have only heard Marduk's World Funeral and I have a question. IS THERE ANY GOOD BLACK METAL THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED IT ALL SOUNDS LIKE SHIT WHY SHOULD I LOOK INTO THIS FORM OF MUSIC IT IS WITHOUT ANY REAL POSITIVE ASPECTS."

How about you listen to some of the shit I (and others) posted about which is actually good instead of making retarded posts like this. You have no excuse.

Hey people who have absolutely no idea about metalcore at all please go listen to Starkweather, Overcast, 7 Angels 7 Plagues, etc. before trying to say metalcore is all ATG-ripoff bullshit. I'm seriously not saying this again.. You people are no better than idiots going "all metal is screaming and noise."

Also, deathcore is a style within metalcore. It usually consists of more complex death metal-styled metalcore usu. with technical riff style, deeper vocals than usually, lots of wacky parts and death metal riffs. It is NOT a different genre outside of metalcore.

Wow ok chill out VVVVV. I listened to the youtube clips that were posted before I said that. Most of it bored me, though I thought the opening to the HSB song was pretty good, but would work better in say a melodeath context. And note that I was ASKING a question and admitted my own ignorance on the subject when I said that "admittedly all I've heard...) And I never even MENTIONED ATG, I don't like any of ATG that I've heard anyways so it'd be a pretty pointless argument to say they're an "ATG ripoff"

So CALM DOWN hehe. :erk:

Bullcrap. I couldn't care less about what other people think of my tastes. And most of the "tr00" norweigan black metal that so many on these forum rave does not appeal to me at all.

I guess this is off topic, but since your such a Lengsel fan I am wondering what you think of the new album. I have only heard a couple of samples and the one from the music video and it doesn't even seem to be black metal anymore. I still need to track down the full album though before I give final judgement.

I guess this is off topic, but since your such a Lengsel fan I am wondering what you think of the new album. I have only heard a couple of samples and the one from the music video and it doesn't even seem to be black metal anymore. I still need to track down the full album though before I give final judgement.

Yeah the two songs I've heard are dissapointing. I was pretty crushed :(. It seems they've gone the way of extol and completely changed their sound. I did like a few riffs in "Avec Toi" (I think that's what it's called... anyways the one with the French title), but it still doesn't even come close to Solace material. I'll prolly end up buying the album eventually though, maybe it'll grow on me, though I doubt it. The hardcore influences are irritating too.

The Funeral Pyre are pretty sweet melodeath/metalcore. But for the most part I despise the genre.

So I guess the term "Metalcore" is potentially becoming the genre "assigned" to the screamo bands? Seems it has been up in the air for so long but I am seeing Metalcore used more and more.

Wow ok chill out VVVVV. I listened to the youtube clips that were posted before I said that. Most of it bored me, though I thought the opening to the HSB song was pretty good, but would work better in say a melodeath context. And note that I was ASKING a question and admitted my own ignorance on the subject when I said that "admittedly all I've heard...) And I never even MENTIONED ATG, I don't like any of ATG that I've heard anyways so it'd be a pretty pointless argument to say they're an "ATG ripoff"

So CALM DOWN hehe. :erk:

I mainly mentioned the ATG to subsequent posters who think ALL metalcore is crappy SOTS worship...so I apologize if that was directed to you. However, I posted much earlier in the thread some stuff you might like; I suppose the only excuse you could give is that you don't know how to read before asking a question that I answered (if the question was not "answered" by my post aka you found the bands unsatisfactory which is fine anyways but if so you could have said that was the case in your post). :p

MetalAges said:
So I guess the term "Metalcore" is potentially becoming the genre "assigned" to the screamo bands? Seems it has been up in the air for so long but I am seeing Metalcore used more and more.

No. Do research on screamo. Has nothing at all to do with metalcore.

I'm really digging that Starkweather band. What album should I start with?