Metalcore

Shai Huluds latest album sounds pretty good. I never paid much attention to this band in the past, but maybe now I'll go check out their back catalog.

I hated that one; it was so freaking boring, like a big mess of senseless chugging.

Who else likes the more chaotic metalcore, like early Ion Dissonance, Botch, Converge, Spitfire, etc.? It's really the only type of metalcore I can enjoy. I just recently came across Gaza, and they seem really awesome.

Well...it's called influence. Look how many trad doom bands effectively rip off Sabbath, look how many death bands steal riffs from other earlier death bands or have similar songs or structures. It's not strange that bands play similar or even the same riffs. That's called tribute. TBH I do hear the similarities of course, I'm not deaf at all, but the artistic aim and goal is completely different and the context isn't even close to the same so I don't mind as much.

hear what your saying there.

as for metalcore, i liked a lot of the earlier stuff, alot of the euro goodlife releases, sentence, ark angel, purification, length of time, even calibans first album was bearable, then came the mod metalcore stuff, killswitch, again the first album was a good un, unearth, oncoming storm was a good un, but nowadays its down the pan, mostly bands spending more time looking in the mirror than on their music, horribly long screams accompanied by god awful lyrics over pointless chugging completely eliminating the need for any individual notes in songs, i'd like to think it isn't metalcore, but i'm not sure it can be classed as anything else, shit maybe?

I hated that one; it was so freaking boring, like a big mess of senseless chugging.

Who else likes the more chaotic metalcore, like early Ion Dissonance, Botch, Converge, Spitfire, etc.? It's really the only type of metalcore I can enjoy. I just recently came across Gaza, and they seem really awesome.

again the early stuffs good, i.e. converge saddest day era, ion dissonance early stuff, red chord - dreaming in dog years, but nowadays you've got bands like emmure from the states, its just pointless and discordant chugging, offends my ears

Bumping this to profess my love for Norma Jean - O God The Aftermath.

:kickass:

:mad:

Yeah I'm a fan. Checking out Gaza now, yeah very awesome indeed.