Metallica - Death Magnetic ripped!

I think the album sounds fine. The slammed effect I think just makes it rocking. It's better than the whole thing being sample replaced, quantized, edited to shit. This at least sounds real.

I find it difficult to even listen to, so I put together a quick graphic
metallica-wtf.jpg

why would professional engineers and mixers do this? i mean, i couldn't imagine putting my name on a cd saying i did this if i knew it wasn't the best i could do. but i guess that's why THOSE are the engineers that get hired for the job, because they produce exactly what the record companies want, loud as shit mixes. i can only imagine the pressure put on the engineers, mixers, and producers from the damn record companies to have their mix fucking ridiculously loud. too bad the average music listener probably can't even tell the difference, or just doesn't care.

i signed the petition.

Maybe they did it to release a special "Producers Edition".

So everyone can mix it to his own taste *lol*

I don't know how a band like Met, with all the money and studio power can release a pile of shit like this...

This is so sad...

Went out and picked this up for a friends birthday tonight, so I thought "Fuck it, I'll get one for me too".
First few things that struck me:
- The new case it came in (non digi pack version). It has rounded edges and an improved pivot system with "press here" release for the cover. It feels really solid and durable.
- The booklet is crap with the cutout centre.
- I miss Randy Staub more than anyone else who could have worked on this album. At least then the drums might be a little less crap.

First few things that struck me:
- The new case it came in (non digi pack version). It has rounded edges and an improved pivot system with "press here" release for the cover. It feels really solid and durable.
:loco: you probably haeven't bought a non-digipak cd in a long time, have you? these cases have been around for quite some time. ;)

Just bought this last night ... $11, why not

One thing I noticed (or maybe missed?), there is no one credited for mastering, thats kinda weird. Again, maybe I missed it somewhere in the notes but they have everyone's name involved in producing/engineering/mixing/editing/wanking .... but no mastering

other than that, I'll say it again ... I think James sounds cool on this disc. Its more fun listening to it in the car

what do you think was used? It sounds like some bizarre analogue plug in in smash mode, its just silly loud. Either that or two tube screamers.

who knows man, but the snare seems especially prone to the distortion...maybe did the ol' run-the-track-through-a-sansamp trick?

i just got the "demo" CD from the coffin...sounds MUCH beter than the official release...WTF!!!???
maybe they just switched the 2 cd versions accidentaly...