Metallica - Death Magnetic ripped!

Notuer[LIST said:
[*]n;7579621]Thats actually a bit too much.

I agree that´s too much, its just funny the difference between how each country handles piracy. But really the biggest problem here is NOT how it handles piracy, but what causes it. With a minimum wage of about $250, and 60% of the population earning just that, its impossible to buy music/software/whatever.

Back to Metallica...

Finally got to download the album, and its surprisingly good. But after 4 min of music they start the let´s-make-a-random-riff mode and the songs start to annoy (and i jump to the next track). And someone got to tell James if he ever forgives his dad and makes it a song, to never ever use more than one song to explain it.

Btw, Unforgiven III reminds me a bit of ´I disappear´. Also, great guitar tones. Are they still using those Randall RM100 heads, Diezel, whatever ? Or just plain old Marks ?

I really find it odd that Metallica would put out something with such a shitty mix. I mean, St. Anger's drums were horrid, but everything else sounded as if it had at least somewhat of a good mix. This album sounds like someone set a tape recorder in the middle of the room while they were playing.

Could it be that perhaps they intentionally leaked a SHITTY mixed version? Somehow I think the actual album won't sound like such a horrid mix. It would just boggle my mind if they hired professional studio people to make the album sound like shit.

I really find it odd that Metallica would put out something with such a shitty mix.

Could it be that perhaps they intentionally leaked a SHITTY mixed version? Somehow I think the actual album won't sound like such a horrid mix. It would just boggle my mind if they hired professional studio people to make the album sound like shit.

I don't hear any Hetfield/Mesa chunk. Nothing is big or bulgy. Drums are demo-isch, no beevy stereowidespread kicks/toms.

Where's Bob Rock?:worship:

somebody rar it up on the sneap ftp (or http)...everytime I get a DM torrent file it's somebody else's music.

....nevermind.

...I want to hate this record but I can't.

+1000

there's so many things to dissect and shit on, but when it comes down to it, i put this in, hit play, and it made me :headbang: which is something that a metallica album hasn't done in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong-ass time

do you wanna say that it sounds like CD?o_O

listen to the verse singing structure and then think of Creeping Death:

"Slaves
Hebrews born to serve, to the pharaoh
Heed
To his every word, live in fear
Faith
Of the unknown one, the deliverer
Wait
Something must be done, four hundred years"

Its almost the same, enough to fairly say it sounds like Creeping Death

ok but then you could say that every slayer songs sounds the same;)
don't get me wrong i really like slayer.
it's that microscope thing again...

has anybody mentioned the great rythm guitar work on DM yet!?;)

ok but then you could say that every slayer songs sounds the same;)
don't get me wrong i really like slayer.
it's that microscope thing again...

has anybody mentioned the great rythm guitar work on DM yet!?;)

I could also say that every post you've made sounds the same

I think you're stretching the idea behind the observation. No one said anything about all Metallica songs sounding the same

And as a dedicated Slayer fan myself, if I heard a new song that forcefully brought to mind the singing structure of something like "South of Heaven" (ie- a song accepted as a "classic") I would state the exact same thing ...

"Wow .. Slayer's new song "Allah's Nutz" sounds like "South of Heaven"

*Disclaimer* - if anyone here is a muslim and took offense to what I wrote ...

deal with it and stop taking shit too serious