Metallica - Death Magnetic ripped!

Reload is one of the best mixes I've ever heard on anything. So much depth, and everything is just massive.

i was a little scared thinking you would say it was the worst mix.

Yes i totally agree dude :D

I don't know, but Metallica ( here we go) should get the harmonic minor scale back much more.

It's a fact, Master of Puppets is harmonic minor mania.
Orion ? fucking ace.

Or it could be because i am a swedish metal lover....

My biggest complaint is Unforgiven III. Anyone else think he sounds like Greenday? I can't stand it.

Somehow it kinda reminds me of Slayer's Christ Illusion. Really raw sounding.

I dunno, maybe cos it's all so LOUD? :loco:

I'm digging it overall though! A step in the right direction and MUCH, much better than St. Wanker in my opinion.

Nice 'n' heavy, chugging guitar tone too perfect for fast picking.

yes I am saying its similar to creeping death, its not a microscope thing as you keep saying, you can pretty much sing CD over the top to the pattern he's singing on the verse of end of the line. In general tho I really like what I'm hearing, drums are sloppy as shit, solos are abit meh but it sounds like Metallica. I just wish Michael Wagener had fed ex'd them some reverb.

...I just wish Michael Wagener had fed ex'd them some reverb.

LOL. Good one!

Like others on here, I can't make myself hate it as much as I thought I would. I'm not saying I love it, but there's some okay stuff here. What I would love is to hear it completely retracked and engineered/mixed/mastered properly. Not this garage/jam room style.

solos are abit meh

I have to agree

I'm not too surprised by Lars' performance (or lack of) because while I don't agree with the statement that he's the worst drummer in metal (anyone remember Paradise Lost's 1st drummer?) its been too long since I've heard something actually impressive from him. I think Rasmussen killed him during the AJFA recording and Lars swore from that point on he would never do more than absolutely necessary behind the kit

Kirk is a different story ... I think he has (in his day) produced some of the most memorable and cool solos for any band. He seemed to have a great balance of bluesy and classical ideas that really took his solos into some great directions (Disposable Heroes is one that always sticks in my mind)

I would have though after being hogtied the last 8 years or whatever that he would have really stepped up and taken command but for the most part what I'm hearing sounds almost as lazy on his part as Lars' performance

Aside from all that I have to say I actually really like what James has done on this vocally. Yeah there are some strained moments, some lackluster melodies and its all a bit too dry and upfront sounding for my taste BUT to me he really sounds like he's recaptured some of the venom he's been missing for a while

damn i really take this shit too serious.
maybe i am just a fan of serious discussions about MUSIC.
yes i repeat myself all the time, but i am not the only one;)
all isee here is that someone posts some "funny" wordt, then another quotes it by "haha, nice one"
and so on. i mean, fuck there is really quite no reverb there, but this has been mentioned already.
if it was an opeth album everyone would say "great raw sound":D
fuck i'm drunk.

btw. lars and kirk, they are just lazy and out of practise, i like that:D

Dude maybe you are indeed taking it too serious, are more the ears that heard that metallica mix sucks, i personally don´t like it at all, and it´s no bashing.
you talk about opeth, generally opeth pulls out some great mixes and productions. it´s not about bands dude, Metallica is your favorite band and you are kinda defending, its like your favorite Football team, doesn´t matter if they played bad, you still will support them.

In the Trivium vid thread, you said something like "how do you like the mix, dont you hear all the sizzle"
or you like to be against everyone, or your perception on mixes and productions is backwards, or far beyond better that everyone else.

damn i really take this shit too serious.
maybe i am just a fan of serious discussions about MUSIC.
yes i repeat myself all the time, but i am not the only one;)
all isee here is that someone posts some "funny" wordt, then another quotes it by "haha, nice one"
and so on. i mean, fuck there is really quite no reverb there, but this has been mentioned already.
if it was an opeth album everyone would say "great raw sound":D
fuck i'm drunk.

btw. lars and kirk, they are just lazy and out of practise, i like that:D

Dude...for crying out loud. Lighten up. We can't poke a little fun at things? Do you still not "get" this forum? And you will never hear the words "great raw sound" come from me...I hate dry mixes.

EDIT:fixed

haha the trivium thread,
we have a really POOR quality myspace video/audio there, and everbody is saying the mix is so great...
that just makes me think about some things.
opeth is great one of my favourita bands, but they also have shit out there...
it's hard to explain for me i am not a native speaker, fact is.
if you would put exactly the same thing (death magnetic) as a metallica album AND
as a XYbands album, the XY's would be better even it it's exactly the same
i don't know the right word, i think it's "prejudice".
fuck i am really drunk right now:D

haha the trivium thread,
we have a really POOR quality myspace video/audio there, and everbody is saying the mix is so great...
that just makes me think about some things.
opeth is great one of my favourita bands, but they also have shit out there...
it's hard to explain for me i am not a native speaker, fact is.
if you would put exactly the same thing (death magnetic) as a metallica album AND
as a XYbands album, the XY's would be better even it it's exactly the same
i don't know the right word, i think it's "prejudice".
fuck i am really drunk right now:D

I know what you mean, but still..you're wrong.

the mix of the metallica is just awful and the mastering is even worse.period.

and everyone on this forum is unbiased enough to judge it.

the music is really cool though (quite digging it), I just can't listen to it cause it honestly sounds like shit.
and I LOVE metallica!
(among my top20 CD's of all time there are probably 2-3 metallica CDs)

if i would and if i could
would this make my opinion have more "weight"!?;)
feels like it would...sad.

I'm not speaking for anyone else but for my part I would have to say "JA DOCH"

because really you just give the impression of being some kid who just likes to argue without having anything to support your arguments other than you are an obviously dedicated fan.

wait a minute ... are you that angry german kid that was all over youtube for a while?