Metallica - Death Magnetic ripped!

Hahahaha!!!!!!! so true

:lol: did you run that mix through a tube screamer?

snare-magneticcopy.jpg

If I'd have produced the album (and had balls big enough) I would have said the following major points:

1) I don't care if you want a really loud "natural" sounding kit, it sounds like ass. This is what we're going for *hands Lars formation of damnation* And I'm bigger than you so there.

2) Guys. Guys. 3 or 4 long songs is cool. You're Metallica - go for it. But over 70 minutes of songs, all of them epic? We don't REALLY need that extra 15 minutes of third or fourth verses do we... We'll put those in the 'maybe pile' shall we? *sends to recycle bin*

3) Ok chaps. We've got some epicly long songs... and we've got some cool riffs. But where is the epic sections? Three part harmonies. Thats right, like the start of Battery or the end of And Justice For All. Yes, I know it's a lot less effort to write 50 riffs in pro-tools and copy and paste them together, but your massive post-Maiden middle sections of the mid to late 80's were an absolute treat on the ears.

4) James my son. Get your wife to pick up the kids, you're tracking guitars til 2am mate. What's that? Your wife is busy today? Fuck it, send Kirk. He ain't touching this record til solo time. And, yes I know you've already played that riff perfectly. Twice. We're going to do that again. And again. Layer it until it sounds like fucking SATAN.

5) Time out boys, I'm writing a letter. Dear Mr Sneap, The album is coming along nicely. Please can you re-amp these guitar tracks. I warn you in advance, there is a lot of them... but our budget is infinity billion pounds and the songs are a lot shorter and better now. Ta.

AWESOME - THIS ALBUM WINS NOW!

On listening to it again twice yesterday, here is an amendment:

4a) Kirk, leave the kids for the babysitter. Anyone still got Bob Rock's number? No? Nevermind. Babysitter it is then. Anyway champ, get back here... I've got a surprise for you. That's right - it's over there in that suspicious-looking small room with nothing but the John Petrucci guitar excerise DVD and copies of lightning/puppets/AJFA/the black album. Oh, and a Mario final-boss-level sized lock on the outside of the door. NOW FUCKING GET IN THERE AND LEARN TO PLAY LEAD GUITAR AND WRITE A GOOD SOLO AGAIN YOU DIRTY LITTLE HORSE-RIDING SURFER BANDIT.

Solos aside... I'm really enjoying some of the songs. Anyone else really wish on one of the choruses that (at the "Can I resist, the Judas Kiss" bit) on the word "kiss", instead of resolving back to E it stayed on the F# and went into a justice style groove?

Hahaha yeah..okay Kirk is not the best lead guitar player, but I really enjoy the solos on TDTNC..really. The wahwah shit I don´t like.

My Opinion is, Bob Rock is the better producer..I think the solos would sound really better on this new record, if he had produced it. I don´t think, that rick rubin stands behind Kirk with a whip. Rubin let them easily do.."make what you want" like.

The Orchestra Arrangement on Unforgiven 3 is not really good:puke: On the GH3 version you can listen to it and it sounds not good. BoB Rock never would give his okay for that.

Think about it...Metallica aren't exactly Nevermore here. They've already produced millions of the CDs at quite a cost, and since people keep buying the record regardless of the clipping problem, then what incentive is there for them? I thought the brickwalling problem would have itself caused sales to brickwall, but I'm apparently wrong.

I just found these on another forum and they made me roffle:

MASTERED BY MUPPETS

End of session day, Rubin works away:
I'm your source of song-destruction
Tunes that hurt you ear, poor sound engineer
Leaving spikes on my instruction
Trust me you will see
Volume’s all you need
Dedicated to
How I'll limit you

Compressing faster
Limit your Master
Your albums sell faster
With a loud Master
Master

Mastered by muppets, brickwalling your dreams
Clipping, distorting and smashing extremes
Ruined by me, you can't hear a thing…
Just spiking snares, and auto-tuned screams
Mastered
Mastered
Rubin’s my name, and I'll hear you scream
Bastard
Bastard

Need to mix this way, never you dismay
”Loud” makes death magnetic clearer
Gain monopoly, ritual Waves L3
Squash your tracks til it’s severe
Gate and you will see
More and more dB
Dedicated to
How I’m killing you

Compressing faster
Limit your Master
Your albums sell faster
With a loud Master
Master

Mastered by muppets, brickwalling your dreams
Clipping, distorting and smashing extremes
Ruined by me, you can't hear a thing…
Just spiking snares, and auto-tuned screams
Mastered
Mastered
Rubin’s my name, and I'll hear you scream
Bastard
Bastard

Master, Master, where's the version I've been after?
Bearded, Bastard, you promised only lies
Blaster, Blaster, recorded on a ghetto blaster?
Laughter, laughter, laughing at those highs
Spike to me!

Lars ain’t worth all that – “natural” kick and hats
Kirk adds wah without a reason
Never ending phrase, Jaymz goes on for days
Rob, your shirt is out of season…
I’ll record til 5 (then)
I will help you buy
Sandals that suit you
Now you look cool too