• No Remorse

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Seek And Destroy

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Metal Militia

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good thread. I've been reevaluating Metallica's albums lately.
Can't really say that there are any BAD songs on the album per se, but in general, I don't like Hetfield's viocals on this album.They do next to nothing for me, tbh.
Motorbreath is probably my least favorite tune. Gonna go with the two longest tracks as my favs: The Four Horsemen and Seek&Destroy

This is at least their second best for me. They seriously wear their influences on their arms here, and it's just great. This is the direct delineation from primal Hardcore Punk and NWOBHM.

This is at least their second best for me. They seriously wear their influences on their arms here, and it's just great. This is the direct delineation from primal Hardcore Punk and NWOBHM.

Can't argue with that reasoning.

Ride the Lightning is a close second for me. I still think Battery is Metallica's best song though

You lose.

Just for the hell of it I rank them as follows:
MOP
RTL
AJFA
KEM

MOP was my favorite for a while, but then I realized that it wasn't the best one. I thought KEA was terrible for the longest time, but then I wised up.

Depending on the day, it's either Kill 'Em All or Ride The Lightning on top. Most days it's Kill 'Em All. Then Master Of Puppets, then ...And Justice For All. So, basically, it goes in order.

I now seriously think that ..And Justice for All is their best.
I don't find much fault with the production and the entire album is completely engaging throughout. Yes, it's the one with the most meandering songs, but I find them very compelling.

MOP was my favorite for a while, but then I realized that it wasn't the best one. I thought KEA was terrible for the longest time, but then I wised up.

You need to convert back to your old ways.

I now seriously think that ..And Justice for All is their best.
I don't find much fault with the production and the entire album is completely engaging throughout. Yes, it's the one with the most meandering songs, but I find them very compelling.

AJFA has Metallica's best song as well...Blackened!

And Justice For All bores the shit out of me tbh. I really don't get what people find so great about it (not that I've given it that much of a chance, but still). It sounds like the first point in their career at which they just said "to hell with rocking the fuck out in epic style" and turned to aimless alterna-prog noodling.

The only Metallica album that I actually enjoy (save for the odd track on "And Justice For All" and "Ride The Lightning"). Tough choice, but I went with Motorbreath.

Edit: Crap, why didn't I vote for "Metal Militia"? And why hasn't anyone else? That song is pure gold.