Metallica "musically" at the same place as LP and LB?

Phxthrax

Phoenician STOMP MONSTER!
Jul 15, 2002
In between
:Smokin: I was checking out Blabbermouth and read an interview by James about Jason not EVER returning and found out that he thinks that Metallica are coming from the same musical place as Limp and Linkin. Now how can he possibly say they're "going back" to "aggressiveness" musically when neither Limp nor Linkin are not really aggressive at all? To me, this is all about the Benjamins. Literally!

yeah thats what happend to tallica in 1990, they were like hey if we make more trendy mallcore bull shit then we can sell...........ping pong ding day ........LOAD...........RELOAD........now unload, they can rot in hell

Originally posted by SLAYER85
yeah thats what happend to tallica in 1990, they were like hey if we make more trendy mallcore bull shit then we can sell...........ping pong ding day ........LOAD...........RELOAD........now unload, they can rot in hell

:lol: UnLoad

Originally posted by HELLBENTFORLEATHER
I was hoping they would ahve named this upcoming album "Swallow a Load"

Good idea! The album cover could be like the covers of "Load" and "ReLoad", but this time, the cow semen is in Lar$' mouth!
:)

i'm surprised they still have fans left...it's amazing how transparent metallica are. is all they care about money??!!
it's always the way- decent music never sells as well as it should (cough cough anthrax)
and the masses buy shit like linkin park, limp biscuit etc...

lars you can unload into bob rock's mouth for all i care...

The problem is that shit some people call music is constantly on the radio and MTV. (Actually, does MTV play music videos at all anymore??) I meant MTV2.

That is why we MUST FIND A WAY TO GET ANTHRAX ON THE FUCKIN RADIO!!!!

We need to just completely bombard every radio station we can with requests for the new Anthrax!

MuchMusic would be our best chance. Maybe on the Uranium show.
I have Dishnetwork, and am always listening to the power rock music channel. I'm quite pleased, I hear Anthrax fairly regularly. Never hear anything from Vol 8. though.

new album prediction: better than the loads but disapointing. It will be a hit for the pirating though. You can count on this album being pirated like never before. Alot of people still like metallica but won't support them (myself).

I do think they're still in it for the money. but, Atleast they're not like kiss... yet.

I might go to this summer sanitarium tour though. I think it'll be fun as long as it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg, but it probably will and then I won't go. The Deftones and Mudvayne are what really made me wanna go. I'll just wander around when LB and LP go on stage.

I'm gettin a bit sick of people talkin about that some bands are only in it for the money!!!
If you don't like the way a band is heading stop listining to it and pick something else!!
I really have much respect how a man like Durst have succeed in this fucked up world called "Music Bizz", he started from scratch and look where he is now.
We all know that the more popular you get the more people are gonna hate you!!

I'll probably go to the summer sanitarium show. And I'll just wander around during Limp Bizkit's and Linking Park's set and try and pick up some high school chicks. Anybody else up for some 17/18 year old poontang ???

I'll probably go to the summer sanitarium show. And I'll just wander around during Limp Bizkit's and Linking Park's set and try and pick up some high school chicks. Anybody else up for some 17/18 year old poontang ???

lol poontang will do that to a man.
I'm not going to comment on metallica selling out or conforming because they can do what they want. I will say this though. If what I heard on the radio last night during "manditory metallica" (it's when they play two metallica songs at nine every night, but I think the mandatory part means it's mandatory they play "new" metallica because they rarely ever play the good stuff.) was a song off the new album. then I'm sorry it sounds the same rocky groovy stuff that they've been cranking out thiese recent albums. And it wasn't very good to boot.
Now about the radio and MTV playing the same kind of stuff. Clear Channel the entertainment conglomerate, sends out surveys to their biggest audiances for each genre. They also grab random groups of kids and sit them in a room and play music and ask what they like better and unfortunately it's this "nu-metal" and creed stuff that everyone wants to hear. Or at least thats what it has been. I think things are changing agian.
and don't wory Metal will be back in some form. Things always resurface. Just don't expect to hear what you want to hear.
-Jono-

lots of the kids into the nu metal stuff seem to like bands linkin park ect ect they like avril lavigne i don't class bands like linkin park sum 41 rock there just a piss take and what pisses me off the most it will get classed as classic in 10 or so yeras time all the glam rock shit does