Metallica "musically" at the same place as LP and LB?

Originally posted by AlexStomp
I'll probably go to the summer sanitarium show. And I'll just wander around during Limp Bizkit's and Linking Park's set and try and pick up some high school chicks. Anybody else up for some 17/18 year old poontang ???

hehe yeah, thats right in my league! (i'm 17 lol)

was a song off the new album. then I'm sorry it sounds the same rocky groovy stuff that they've been cranking out thiese recent albums. And it wasn't very good to boot.

You may have heard either "Driving Rain" ( a song James did w/ Gov't Mule) or "53rd and 3rd" off the Ramones tribute album. I think new stuff will be pretty hard to be leaked until they send the promo's out to the press. Since they are in their own studio, I can't see any new stuff leaking out.

If your're really interested in hearing what snippets of the new stuff sounds like. Watch all of the "In the Studio" videos on their website (particularily the sept and oct ones)...it sounds pretty good.

....I am the only metallica fan here???*suddenly very scared*
I don't agree with the whole cashing in on nu metal to gain back a metal fanbase but I am still looking forward to the album.Please don't suck!!!