Metallica or Iron Maiden

Which band is better?

• Metallica

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 69 72.6%

• Total voters
To even think for a split second that Metallica is anywhere even in the realm of being miles away from coming near being better than Iron Maiden is as an absolute sin. I love old Metallica and granted it is some of the greatest Thrash Metal ever, Iron Maiden owns them in every aspect. Better musicians, better vocals, better overall career...they never sold out...the list goes on. Iron Maiden is my personal favorite band along with Helloween too...Lol, that doesn't hurt much either.

Maiden, hands down.

If you had asked me this question around 1995, I'd probably have said Metallica. After all, Bruce had just left Maiden. But after the abduction of the real Metallica and subsequent replacement by their evil short-haired doppelgangers in '96, it's not even worth debating at this point...

Metallica has gotten so damn lazy with their chops and songwriting, became the corporate whores that they always fought against, and simply lost touch with their original fanbase.

Meanwhile, Maiden has improved and not regressed over the past half-decade or so. They got Bruce back into the fold (even though Blaze wasn't a bad replacement) and never stopped proudly waving the flag of METAL! There was none of this revisionist, "we're a rock band, not a metal band" crap. And they can play circles around Metallica at this point. Kirk and Lars' playing, in particular, have both deteriorated so much that it's tragic. Meanwhile, Maiden can still rip through their whole catalog easily. Bruce may not hit as many air-raid shrieks anymore, but other than that, where's the dropoff?

Originally posted by Wayne@LSU
Maiden, hands down.
Meanwhile, Maiden can still rip through their whole catalog easily. Bruce may not hit as many air-raid shrieks anymore, but other than that, where's the dropoff?

Agree 200% with this, but I think Bruce have a much better voice on stage now than he had before, specially the No prayer/FOTD era.

It's thrue that these 2 bands are very hard to compare. But Maiden got my vote