Best Metal band name of all time..

Of course Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, mercyful Fate, Queensryche because even in todays standards if these bands were just starting out they would have conjured up the imagery of which their music reflects.
Also
Fear Factory because, let's face it, our minds are our worse enemies at times.
There are countless numbers of good names for bands. Too many to list. Even some simple ones like Death, Kreator and Voivod capture the sound of their music in their name.
Nevermore, because with the inverted second e it gives emphasis to the word eve and makes a statement and completes a thought process all in one word.

Immortal
Emperor
Darkthrone

Are all very good metal names.. though Black Sabbath and Metallica still get my top 2 votes for best metal band names... remember... doesn't have to be band you like or worship... this thread is about the band name...

Dethmask said:
There are countless numbers of good names for bands. Too many to list. Even some simple ones like Death, Kreator and Voivod capture the sound of their music in their name.
Nevermore, because with the inverted second e it gives emphasis to the word eve and makes a statement and completes a thought process all in one word.

Voivod is a cool name as well. I bought "Nothingface" many moons ago simply because I liked the band's name. I didn't like the release, but I still think the name is cool.

Bryant

Anthrax has always been a favorite of mine. Why? Because it isn't an -er thing Like Slayer, Annhilator, Kreator, there is a certain amount of subtlety to it, too, unlike something like Deicide. Also, its very, very fun to shout.
Overkill: Sums the vocals, the guitarwork, the whole ethos of the band perfectly.
GWAR: See the Overkill thoughts

Ha ha ha good ones Trix !! Glad to see you pop in. I actually agree with you on "Motley Crue".

Bryant

I really like the names of some of the Sunset Strip bands that were really over the top, like JUICY MISS LUCY and WET CHERRI!!

I also think "Motley Crue" is probably one of the most fitting band names of all time...

My favorites are: (I am sure I will forget many)

AC/DC (ok not a metal band, but super cool name. Probably the best in my book.
Metallica - yeah they wussed out, but great name.

Stone Fury - I know very little about this band, but those two words sound good together.

Vanden Plas - Not being a homer here because they are my fave band. Had I not thought the name was cool, I never would have downloaded some of their songs. Love the name.

Accept - I would have put it higher on the list, but to be honest... it may have been a learned love of the name. I love the simplicity of it though.

The Last Stand - This was the name of the last band I was in. We were all brainstorming and trying to come up with a band name. I though of it and the other guys said.... well... it's ok.... I threatened to kick their ass. This is the name of our band !! I still like it today.

Slayer - Hey !! That name spells metal in a different way.

Kingdom Come - The band sucked (except for one song) as far as I can remember, but I like the name.

Stratovarius - don't like this band, but as a musician, I can appreciate the craftsmanship of the finest violins ever made. Great name choice.

FLotsam and Jetsam - What the hell is that ? Good enough name to interest me.

Voivod - Weird band..... cool name.

Iced Earth - Cool name... decent band.

Gangreen - punk/skater band, not metal, but great name and they had some great songs as far as comical value.

Bryant