Best Metal band name of all time..

Dream Theater is possibly the best band name ever. Other good candidates would be Machinae Supremacy, Deathspell Omega, Judas Priest, Liquid Tension Experiment, and of course, Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.

Haven't seen these yet:

Abandoned
Airbourne
Anvil
Artillery
Black Label Society
Corrosion of Conformity
Dark Angel
Death Angel
Defiance
Exodus
Forbidden
Gothic Slam
Grinder
Indestructible Noise Command
Meliah Rage
Motorhead
Sacred Reich
Shatter Messiah
Tankard
Warbringer
Whiplash

all scream METAL!!!!!!

Have you been drinking ?? :lol:

I'm more into names that sound or look kinda strange ; Zoetrope, Znöwhite, Voivod, Queensryche, Toxik, Mechanical Poet, Sieges Even, Chateaux, Exxplorer, Hexx, ....

Nice to see CHATEAUX mentioned. This band ruled!! Anyone knows if guitarist Tim Broughton ever did anything after 1985??

Napalm Death
Nuclear Assault
Slayer
Deicide
Evile
Venom
Destruction

Bands with names like these ain't never going to be confused with C&W are they?:headbang:

The scientific names of the two types of Jellyfish.
Actually Flotsam and Jetsam have these meanings:

(nautical) The remains of a shipwreck still floating in water.
(nautical) that which has been discharged from a ship or boad, especially on the ocean or a sea, unintentionally / intentionally respectively.
(figuratively) A collection of miscellaneous items of little importance.
(figuratively) People considered to be of little worth.
The flotsam and jetsam of society were at the night club.
fragments of many things

Iron Maiden because it's a torture device, yet it totally fits a metal band!(Not that their music is a torture, it's awesome but the name just.. it just works.)

Slayer is pretty good though, A bit simple though.

I always thought Maiden was way too melodic for such a gruesome-sounding name...

Anyways, some good metal band names:

- Iced Earth
- Vintersorg
- Emperor
- 3 Inches of Blood
- Burzum

I suppose Metallica and Iron Maiden are perfect exemplified names but myself I always thought Queensryche was an Ace, I mean it doesnt take much creativity to come up with alot of the names out there.

About AC/DC - AC/DC was commonly used and only meant one thing in the States prior to the band coming out, so we needed a bit of time to adjust. They probably deserve props for the term going out of use. By the mid 80's it would have been like "oh... he's AC/DC" response "Hey man... you going to the concert"...... lol