Best Metal band name of all time..

Jun 25, 2004
The title of thread is self explanatory... just wanted to add that this means you can choose a band you hate but think their name is awesome name for a metal band... in that regards i would have to say Metallica even though i hate their music now... below is my top 3.. this is about the band name and not the music...

1. Metallica & Black Sabbath (tied)
2. Iron Maiden
3. AC/DC ( Because it conjures up images of electricity shocking you much like metal music)

were not debating best metal band... just best metal name.. Metallica because of the "metal" in it and images is brings of Metal gods etc.. etc.. ... and Black Sabbath because of its occult suggestions and evilness of it... both such perfect names....

Hmmm... Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden. Though little is more satisfying than screaming "SLAAAAAAAYEEEEEERRR!!"

Lots of band names are cooler than hell:

Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Megadeth
Steel Prophet
Angel Witch
Black Steel
Death Angel
Impaler
Metal Church
Rush
Motorhead
Stormhammer
Solitude Aeturnus
Grim Reaper

and of course...Satan :D

Honorable mention: The Coffinshakers

NP: O.S.I. - 'Go'

Dodens Grav said:
Bretwaldas Of Heathen Doom

Have you been drinking ?? :lol:

I'm more into names that sound or look kinda strange ; Zoetrope, Znöwhite, Voivod, Queensryche, Toxik, Mechanical Poet, Sieges Even, Chateaux, Exxplorer, Hexx, ....

I really like the names of some of the Sunset Strip bands that were really over the top, like JUICY MISS LUCY and WET CHERRI!!

I also think "Motley Crue" is probably one of the most fitting band names of all time...

Dodens Grav said:
Actually the band is pretty awesome if you can handle a bit of gruff vocals. The band name is pretty accurate. They play somewhat of a Heathen Folkish Doom Metal that I quite enjoy. In fact, I just ordered their latest demo/CD/whatever it actually is.

Great list of band names, btw.

mmm, I'm not into gruff vocals , so I won't have a try I think ... Most rough I can stand are early Venom , Celtic Frost, Bathory ... so I'm a bit of a wimp concerning rough vocals :oops:

Morbid Angel
Mayhem
Mnemic (I think the name is just awesome)
Ion Dissonance
As I Lay Dying
My Dying Bride
Carcass