Metallica or Iron Maiden

Which band is better?

• Metallica

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 69 72.6%

• Total voters
Iron Maiden, though I really like Metallica's first four albums. I'm not too crazy about the first two Maiden albums, but I really like all the others. Also, Maiden always stayed true and never sold out like Metallica did.

Ah, it's really hard... I REALLY REALLY like metallica's old stuff, and the Loads were ok, St. Anger seems terribly disappointing... But Iron Maiden is just... Iron Maiden, goddamit!

UP THE IRONS!!

Its very strange how much you people love Iron Maiden...

I voted Metallica, wasn't very hard. Though i don't think they are the two greatest metal bands ever...

What's great about Maiden? Errrrrrrrrrrrr....their songs rule, they're v heavy, great for headbanging and drinking to, the solos are awesome, they're quite catchy, and songs like Alexander The great have the coolest lyrics ever :cool: then of course there's about a dozen albums worth of this quality shit. Up the Irons! :headbang:

Why are you guys in the Old School threas if you don't know that Iron Maiden has ALWAYS been better than Metallica? Because they have.

wartorn2112 said:
Why are you guys in the Old School threas if you don't know that Iron Maiden has ALWAYS been better than Metallica? Because they have.
...ever heard of something called an opinion, yes i happen to have my own..

Anyways, Metallica has better songs, better solos(not faster but i still like them better, and before the black album only :D), better riffs, and they're heavier..plus i prefer Hetfield's vocals to the operatic cheese of bruce, just personal preference. Sure Iron Maiden is a classic Metal band and one of the greats, but they aren't nearly as good as you guys make them out to be..

wartorn2112 said:

Shut the fuck up. What makes you think your opinion matters more than everybody else's?

For me, they don't even compare. Metallica were just exceptional.

Time and the place dudes. I saw Maiden first time just after the first album was released. They took the metal world and ripped it inside out and gave it the kick it needed. Trully an awesome time and they ruled the world. By about 86 when Metallica were laying waste to all that stood before them, I reckon, Maiden had lost that edge that stood them out in the previous years. Same thing happened to the 4 horsemen after the black album. But hey, in their time both bands ...........

sixxswine said:
Without Robert Johnson & Chuck Berry there would have been no fucking Beatles....
So what?!:loco:
Thats exactly my point man lol. That guy said Maiden was better because without them Metallica wouldn't exist. You can trace influences back forever so its completely pointless to base any sort of argument on it.