Metallica

yeah, there is something artificial about this recording session.
Is there anything left of Metallica that isn't artificial?

It's almost ironic, I recall Metallica winning some award back in the 80s, getting on stage and basically telling the record industry and MTV to fuck off. Yet some how, they transformed themselves into (arguably) the biggest sell outs in the history of music.

Zod

That Mission Metallica video is horrible. I thought the samples sounded tired and utterly lame. Even if the music were to kick ass, the vocals suck. I know it has been said a million times, but it really is sad to see something that was once so mighty reduced to a pile of ego-driven, commercial BS.

i'd like to catch them on this tour ... have not seen them since the Justice one.

still an awesome drunk night out with singalongs.

they actually sounded pretty awesome at last nights gig in LA

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard they are a little hit or miss live, at least a few years ago. I saw them in 2002 or 2003 and they were pretty awesome live, only played 3 post- black albums songs, which was nice.

wouldve much rather been at this show (though i was only 3):

in all the live clips ive seen james is pretty much flawless, but kirk's playing seems kinda sloppy and lazy much of the time, especially in more recent clips. and of course this new guy is no cliff.

from a few nights ago in the Netherlands .. pretty impressive.

and Hetfield for once looks like he longs for long hair back

the new album cover

2676796509_34c07ca002.jpg

looks like a pussy at a quick glance

here's the full track... with good audio

shows some promise although its seems a bit too "thought out"
wish they would hang onto some of those chunkier riffs and ride them instead of chopping the entire song.

They did a Medley of Mercyful Fate(like on Garage Inc.) and KD sang the whole melody, pretty fucking awesome. There's a youtube somewhere

WTF ... this sounds downright Slayer like in the vocal department

mms://wm.elektra.com/metallica/metallica_com/2008/de/My_Apocalypse.wma