Midwest Metal Anthem Review

Met-Al

Oct 12, 2004
Well,

I think it's only fair for one of the band members to throw in his own review of the show from this past weekend. Here goes:

For starters, the turnout was pretty nice. I was pleased to find that most of the people in attendance watched our set (as opposed to sitting out on the patio!). Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for the two bands that surrounded our set. For those who failed to watch Abolisher and/or Lydian Sea, you folks missed out on some terrific performances. That said, it was great to see everybody who checked it out.

As for the performance, I was personally happier with this show than the last. I think we felt more comfortable with each other on stage, despite the fact that the stage was perhaps less than half the size of that at Club Vegas. Curtis and Mike played excellently, and Dustin gave Steve Harris a run for his money. However, I think the real hero of the night was Matt. That man took the instrumental equivalent of a jalopy and made it sound like a brand new sportcar.

I felt better about my performance this time, but I still wish I could sound better on "Listen To You, Listen To Me." I was assisted on "Evil Princess" by Scott Huffman of Mindwarp Chamber, and it was great having his leather lungs on that tune. It was worth it all just to hear him sing, "Black magic bitch!" I hope that's not the last time he joins us on stage. I returned the favor by joining Mindwarp Chamber on stage for "Closing The Chapter," which is a killer song. Speaking of terrific performances, I think those guys stole the show.

For those interested in the setlist, it went as follows:

Sands Of Time
Kings Of The Valley
Evil Princess (featuring Scott Huffman)
Listen To You, Listen To Me
Crash Down
Far Too Long
Risk And Sacrifice

All in all, we had a blast. It went by entirely too quickly. I can't wait to do another show!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Unfortunately I missed Friday night, but, I thought the bands were all great on Saturday, and it was kickass sharing a stage with ya Al. I almost missed a guitar solo when you came in with the first round of harmonies with Scott. RAWKIN! I'll be sure to catch KatV whenever ya play next!

As always, Chicago was EXCELLENT!!! :kickass:

Even though I was a having some serious misadventures over the weekend... I had a great time, and I believe everyone in the band enjoyed playing the show. The chi-town reception was amazing! A big thanks to The guys in Bavmorda and Abolisher for helping supply some of the extra backline for us - they are lifesavers!!! (and saved our pocketbooks as well) :lol:

As for my misadventures...

Friday night I got hit with a severe migrane headache about an hour before we went on stage. It was bad enough to make me sick to my stomach. I pretty much have to be on my death bed to not play a show, so I toughed it out the best I could. If anyone noticed me making some strange note choices during the songs and thought that I squinting so much that could have been blind folded with dental floss, that is why. On top of that, the bass head I was playing through was going out at random on a few songs... thankfully Clint from Abolisher (a.k.a one of Al's personal recording engineers) talked some sense into the thing (slapping, shaking and kicking it) and it would burp back to life.

Saturday... oh god...Saturday. Great day, We has some killer mexican food down the raod from the hotel, spent some time at Impulse music and I even made a very modest haul. Damn, I only wish I had more money to throw down while I was there... and I really wish we had a store like that in Salt Lake!!! I had a Not-so-great evening though. We hit Hooters once we check-in at J.J. Kellys, and it all went down hill from there.

Anyone ever see the movie Van Wilder? the part where that preppy douche bag gets his milk shake spiked with "Colon-blow"? Well... if you've seen the movie and know the scene I'm refering to, then you know how was my entire night at the club went! I hit the bathrooms THREE TIMES in two hours at the club!!! it was horrible, I was able to pull myself together long wnough to see Mindwarp Chamber blow the stage apart with there set (FANTASTIC BAND!) and then it was back to the shitter. It caried over to Sunday with a few more missions to the lavatory, but thankfully subsided beofre we flew back home. I believe the Hooters Cheese cake was what did me in... never again will I make that mistake. :puke:

But Dustin, you remember Matt and I had similar problems, and we didn't eat the Cheesecake! I still blame the wings. :lol:

Seriously, I could have given you some Immodium. I always carry it on me. Same goes for exedrin for the headache. I always have that stuff on me, too! Your official bandmother is here to care for all the boys in Kat-V. :D

You know, you never hear Motley Crue talking about their intestinal misadventures. Hell, I'm sure Ozzy has had the shits plenty of times on tour, but you never heard about it! Leave it to Katagory V (or at least Dustin) to shed some light on what really goes on in the world of rock and/or roll. This is the real deal, folks. Aerosmith sure as hell isn't going to be this real with you. Just a thought.

Anywho, I'm glad Dustin thanked the Abolisher and Bavmorda guys. I can't believe I failed to do that in my review! My apologies. Furthermore, I'd like to thank Mike (axehomeyg) and the rest of Mindwarp Chamber for letting me jump on stage with them. You guys stole the show this past weekend, and I was more impressed with you this time around than at any of your past shows. We'll have to do it again!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert