Midwest Metal Anthem--August 22nd and 23rd

Yes you can bring the kids, they usually have a big inflatable slide for them, but its not un-common to see adults on it.

It is shocking that Rival is so little known, they're a very solid band with good catchy songs.

I am not sure why Rival is so unknown, even in Chicago. I got to see them once, and they are a very solid power / trad metal band.

Awesome dudes too. I did a phoner with one of the guys one time and he was right after some fest and was a little drunk, one of the best interviews i've had haha. Really catchy and fun music too. Absolutely agree that they're solid.

First off, thanks to KingsGene and MetalProf for your kind words! I'm glad you dug the show, and I hope that the guys can come out our way to do it again soon!

Second, a huge thanks goes out to the guys in Mindwarp Chamber for allowing me to jump on stage with them and lend some backing vocals. I've seen you guys a handful of times now, and that show was by far the best I've seen from you. Mike fits the band like a glove. I can't wait to hear more new tunes from you.

I would love to go to the get-together in Skokie, but I'll be visiting Joan in Mayberry for some Labor Day hijinks this weekend. If we were going to be in the city, I would be all about the jam portion of the show. Perhaps another time...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Met-Al,
I don't believe I have ever met you.
I must commend you though on the gramatical quality of your posts.
They read as if written by an English professor!
Well done!

It's actually memo style.
Definitely acceptable in the corporate environment.
I expect big things from this kid!

Just wait until you meet him.

Then all you will think about is ... "Why is it....insert Seinfeld quote here"

Ha Ha!
Just Kidding, Al! I love ya!
And great job with MWC on Saturday!
Sorry I missed Katagory V on Friday! Next time, I promise!

Saturday was fun. Not a ton of people there, but a decent crowd.

Thanks (I think!) for the grammatical props, Jasonic!

Honestly, I'm just trying to sound as minimally moronic as possible! As Metal Spice pointed out, I usually just end up sounding like Jerry Seinfeld in person. Anywho, no, we've never met. That's because you never attend concerts. At any rate, you never attend the concerts I see. I would think that for someone who posts on the ProgPower forums as much as you do, you would have seen some of these bands in the Chicago area. I attend a lot of shows, some of which are for bands I don't even like (Joan loves Therion and Nightwish, and she refuses to go alone). Anyone who knows me can attest that it's rare for me to stay in one place at any given show. I tend to be a social butterfly, even when I'd much rather watch the bands. That said, if you happen to see me at a show, feel free to introduce yourself. I'll be the one in the room other than Jose who is making a spectacle of himself.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Q - Chill out, we're just ball bustin' a bit. I brought up the Kiske / Helloween thing because I recall one time we were talking about the band at Impulse, I had mentioned seeing that lineup live, and you were a bit envious (As I would be as well, if I hadn't seen it).

Met-Al - Yeah, totally serious! Good to see a regular poster on these forums who does not abuse the English language!

Thanks again, Jasonic!

Now you'll have to find me at a concert so we can have a chat in proper English!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert