Midwest Metal Anthem--August 22nd and 23rd

Met-Al

Oct 12, 2004
Hi, folks!

Since I haven't seen anything posted about this event on this forum, I thought I'd share the information. On Friday and Saturday, August 22nd and 23rd, J.J. Kelley's in Lansing, IL is proud to present the 3rd annual Midwest Metal Anthem. The lineup for this show is as follows, with a few notes about selected bands:

Friday
8:00-8:40 Vicious Attack
9-9:40 Abolisher (Like a cross between Led Zeppelin and Opeth with some Dream Theater thrown in for good measure)
10-10:40 Katagory V (Obviously, I'm going to plug my band!)
11-11:40 Lydian Sea (Like a cross between Dream Theater and Toto)
12-12:40 Luna Mortis (Recently signed to Century Media. Female-fronted metal with clean and growly vocals provided by the same woman)
1-1:40 Penchant 4 Chaos

Saturday

7:00-7:40 Full Throttle CGO
8:00-8:40 Degradation
9:00-9:40 Ebonmortis
10:00-10:40 Eden's Fall (Promoters of the show and heavy-as-balls thrash)
11:00-11:40 Mindwarp Chamber (Shreddy's band!)
12:00-12:40 Thrown
1:00-1:40 Souls Demise (Aggressive thrash akin to Slayer and old Sepultura)

Admission is $10.00 for one night and $15.00 for both. Get $1 off admission with a printout of the flyer made available at the website (www.midwestmetalanthem.com). This show is a 21 and over event (sorry, kids!).

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

11-11:40 Lydian Sea (Like a cross between Dream Theater and Toto)

Albert

Ahhhhhhhh!!! Sacrilege!!!!!! LOL The Dream Theater label is right on! But TOTO?!! No way. I love Lydian Sea! They sound more like a cross between Dream Theater and Zero Hour...or maybe Vanishing Point. But TOTO was a big surprise for me! Please explain yourself Al!!!!!!!!! I'm telling Ron Gonzales!

Sean,

I guarantee you that Ron would be flattered by the comparison. He's a Toto fan, as is their singer, Dan McCartney. Toto has a knack for memorable, catchy tunes, but they also have great chops. The same applies to Lydian Sea. Besides, they cover "Draw The Line" at a lot of their shows.

I don't see the Zero Hour comparison myself. The Bay Area boys are super technical and super heavy for progressive metal, whereas Lydian Sea tend to be more melodic. I haven't heard enough Vanishing Point to argue that comparison.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Nick and I are road-tripping out to MN at the end of this month (to expensive to fly this year), but unfortunately we will be leaving that following Tuesday after this fest. Otherwise I'd love to catch Luna Mortis again. They were one of my favorites when they played Flight of the Valkyries Festival two years ago (as The Ottoman Empire). I was glad to see that they finally got signed and are getting some more exposure in the states. Mary has an incredible voice and the band as a whole is just so talented IMO.

I'd also love to finally see Katagory V as I missed you guys at the PPV Pre-Show. (It was the first year we came and at the time I was not even aware there was a pre-show since another in our group was handling the tickets and such.)

Good luck with the show! :headbang:

Speaking of, I saw Jose from a far distance, last night at Metal Masters. (Though if I did talk to him, I am sure he wouldn't get 2 minutes into the conversation w/o mentioning something about his band). Gotta love the enthusiasm I suppose!

I don't know if it would be enthusiastic, or not at this point. He's been weird lately. And that's all I'm sayin' on that.

Metal Anthem. Gonna be loads of fun. I can't wait to rock out and de-stress from the week. :)

Ken,

I'm honored! I never thought you'd come to see me in action. I'll have to do an extra spiffy job now!

KingsGene,

I hope to see you there! I'd like to know what you think of the new lineup.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Ken,

I'm honored! I never thought you'd come to see me in action. I'll have to do an extra spiffy job now!

KingsGene,

I hope to see you there! I'd like to know what you think of the new lineup.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

good luck. I will be missing the show. There is just so many coming up I have to pass on it. Plus the line up for me isnt really pulling me in. I would like to see everyone again. Since being booted from the Powerfest forum....I have lost touch with lots of people. have fun at the show. Hopefully Katagory V or Bavmorda will get some Pearl Room shows or some shows in the city where I can finally see you guys play.

Please introduce (or re-introduce) yourself so I can finally figure out who the hell you are! You're one of the Chicago folks I can't put a face to.

Just added my mug to the ProgPower poster thread....or go to http://www.myspace.com/kingsgene

I recognize some of you folks from the Chicago area metal shows, but haven't had the chance to say hello....usually too loud in the rooms to chat. Perhaps this one will be different...?