Might as well get it out of the way now...

I've only heard a few songs by them, so I can't really tell. Some of the songs were actuallly pretty boring, though what I've heard from the new one was interesting...

Anathema is such a multidemensional abnd...one minute I'm left breathless by Sleepless and Shroud Of Frost, then I marvel at the emotions in songs like Suicide Veil and he Beloved, and all the while getting acquainted with the warm confines of the new material...it is very hard for me to pick a favorite.

Originally posted by Demonspell
Anathema is such a multidemensional abnd...one minute I'm left breathless by Sleepless and Shroud Of Frost, then I marvel at the emotions in songs like Suicide Veil and he Beloved, and all the while getting acquainted with the warm confines of the new material...it is very hard for me to pick a favorite.

Well said :D

Alternative 4, because it's the first album I heard by Anathema,
and because it's the one I've listened to the most...
AND; It has "Fragile Dreams" and "Empty" on it,
which are two brilliant songs! :eek:))

definitely Alternative 4, although i like Eternity and Judgement too

i don't like at all AFDTE (i guess i still haven't listened enough) and have never heard the first albums

Originally posted by Nico16

It's a shame that Duncan left after Alt. 4, he wrote some of their best songs and lyrics ...would be cool if he came back to the band...

Absolutely. His contributions over the years have been some of my favourites. I find a lot of his lyrics especially depressing which suits me perfectly.

As for albums... that's a tough one. I'd probably say 'Alternative 4', but 'The Silent Enigma' is incredible.

'Judgement' wouldn't be far behind either.

So my favourite is a tie between A4 and TSE.