Sentient

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
Well some of you may know it's my favourite Anathema song, at least in a way because that one is THE ONE that made me addicted to Anathema when I first heard it.
TSE didn't have the same impact on me one year before. Though I liked it !

So I wanted to know if Sentient has ever been played live and if someone has a recording of it :D

Bisous les amours !

Blue Taste said:
I have this bootleg from the Ydregioes club (or something like that), and the intro sounds a little bit like it. But it is not sentient i think, maybe you can pretend it is and be happy after all :cool:

that's the only anathema gig i've ever been to and trust me, sentient was not played.

sol83 said:
that's the only anathema gig i've ever been to and trust me, sentient was not played.

That's what i thought, but wasn't 100% sure (only 99%). But the intro does have a similar feel to it. Same guitar-style wandering (wankin' ??), instrumental, first song (OK, that's a stupid comparison :Spin: ), bad production :D ,blablabla...

But i do want to know what song that is, maybe danny remembers it? It sounds so familiar...

the intro here was a very noisy kinda thing. it didn't have any guitars. you're probably talking about some other gig.

sol83 said:
the intro here was a very noisy kinda thing. it didn't have any guitars. you're probably talking about some other gig.

""Live At Ydrogeios Club, Thessaloniki 1999""

This comes from the info file. I wasn't there at the time, so obviously i don't have any memory of it... But it does sound noisy, maybe my brain translates noise into guitar
OR
maybe the bootleg has badly named songs, as the intro rolls nicely into fragile dreams. It could be an extended, slowed down riff from the beginning of it.

Ah well, does it matter?? :wave: