Mikael Åkerfeldt, Steven Wilson, Mike Portnoy

wankerness said:
Let's think about this REALISTICALLY:

It will sound like porcupine tree.:)

Except with a significantly worse drummer. Honestly, if they had gotten Gavin, I think this could have been good, but somehow I picture Portnoy really ruining it for me. The man just has no sense of groove or feel...nice guy, but I can't stand his playing.

Oh thank god this is music-related... from the thread topic I thought this was a hitlist! :saint:

This probably won't come out for a long time, seems like these guys never have any free time. I hope its heavy and dark with pure prog and acoustic elements, there is some major talent behind this project, I hope John Petrucci joins the fold. Im looking forward to this in the future.

I honestly dont know what to expect at all. High expectations equals disapointment, but you have to have expectations when 3 great musicians go at it. I have no idea what it will sound like, but it sounds like it will be something I will enjoy for a few listens. Not the kind of thing you can put on and listen to everyday.

yeah, leave petrucci out. I think it would be great if they picked up stefan dimle from paatos. I love his basslines and song writing. I know mike is a big fan of his too, so perhaps YOU SHOULD GIVE HIM A CALL MIKAEL!

i think petrucci is capable of playing other things besides DT and Liquid Tension. A lot of his solos are pretty emotional.

I dont know, maybe im just still buzzing from the amazing show they put on last night in NYC.

they should replace steven with peter lindgren
replace portnoy with lopez
add mendez on bass and per on keyboards

now THAT is the best lineup!!!