Mikael Guitars

Soul Sacrifice

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2006
Hi, i have few questions about Mikael's guitars.

First about his lp.is it a 50's standard or 60's standard?i think it's 50's cause 60's series don't have any tobacco sunburst colored.

In their offical site says one of his strat is a '72 reissue.but i couldn't find a '72 reissue.i have seen 70's but not specific like 72.

What about his mockingbird?Has anyone seen him using it?Is it bronze?platinium? or any other sub-model?

By the way, how expensive guitars his guitars are.i think his customs are about 4.000 usd?but i dont know the price of his ce24...

thanks...

Soul Sacrifice said:
By the way, how expensive guitars his guitars are.i think his customs are about 4.000 usd?but i dont know the price of his ce24...

thanks...

Dunno the answers to your questions... However I know that
they got the expensive PRS:s indeed. So yes, approx. 4,000 usd.
Furthermore Mikes blue PRS custom 24 is - to my disapointment
- no longer available; is no longer in development. :(

Soul Sacrifice said:
What about his mockingbird?Has anyone seen him using it?Is it bronze?platinium? or any other sub-model?

I know nothing about a Mockingbird. He did have an early BC Rich NJ Wave (Produced in "Nagoya, Japan" hence "NJ"; not the Korean junk they make under the NJ tag now-days). Either an '83 or '84. These were BC Rich's first attempt at import guitars. Here's some pics...

metalmania3.jpg

proxima6.jpg

metalmania2.jpg

Haha! Indeed, I did loose a few pounds since then! Wow, I was fat!
The guitar is not a Mockinbird, I didn't know what the model was called and it looked like a cross between Mockingbird and Bich. Thanks for the info. Bought it second hand for maybe $400.
And to Vampira I can only say. Fuck. Forever. Off. You're banned!

Cheers
Mike

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Haha! Indeed, I did loose a few pounds since then! Wow, I was fat!
The guitar is not a Mockinbird, I didn't know what the model was called and it looked like a cross between Mockingbird and Bich. Thanks for the info. Bought it second hand for maybe $400.
And to Vampira I can only say. Fuck. Forever. Off. You're banned!

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mikael. I know someone who has located your old BCR Wave. Not that you'd want it back... :lol:

Anyway, here's the first catalogue that the Wave featured in. And yes, the guitars below are the Customshop/Handmade versions, so they're a lot different to the NJ (import) versions. Check out the "nipples" on the horns. :headbang:

81-4.jpg