Mikael is a dad now?

Oct 27, 2002
Australia
According to Dan Swano, Mikael is now a dad and his daughter was born a few days ago. Her name is Melinda :p Congratulations Mike, I bet you're a very happy man :tickled:

Anyway here's the quote from the Dan Swano forum:

"I like that song too. Around Orchid everybody though I did the clean vocals for Opeth, which I of course did not. But it was unusual for a death vocalist to be able to sing for real back then. I still remember the phonecall from Mike when he describes Opeth's music and he said "and we've got some clean vocals" and I thought "oh no, not another band with out-of-tune attempts of clean vocals..." but I think you all know how wrong I was. He nailed all those clean part right after singing the growls..it's all in the same take.....outrageous!!! BTW, Mike's a dad now..A daughter called Melinda was born a few days ago...but you probably knew that" - Dan Swano.

errr, i seriously dont know what to take literally anymore on this forum so im still undecided if this is true or not. Congrats to Mike the hound dog if so.

From the guestbook of Opeth.com

Date: 2004-09-16 17:24:50
David Isberg ( no email / no homepage) wrote:

Congratulations to Mikael and Anna who had a babygirl conceived this monday.

Look out for the forthcoming demo by David Isberg Project.

hm...... sounds good

uhm..."conception" refers to the act of creation - not birth. so, we should hear more sometime next may i guess.
this thread is getting messy.

Go to the forum jump at the bottom of the page to Dan Swano and then click on Vocals on "Higher than the Sky" its a few posts down.

Well, if it is true I would like to congratulate the very lucky couple. I hope his wife and daughter are healthy and happy. Becoming a father has been the greatest thing to happen to me ever. It's not like I know Mike or anything, but he gives off a "Could be a good Dad" vibe.

Congrats!!

Out. :devil: