Mikael likes The Mars Volta!!

segaszivos said:
OMFG! Mike likes Mars Volta... due to my complete fanboy utterance I will purchase every Mars Volta album just cause he had it in his new playlist!

Come on, give me a break. You guys do this with every band that he puts under has playlist. Two great examples are Porcupine Tree and Camel. One day there is gonig to be a mistake and he is going to list Justin Timberlake as a band that he listens to and everyone is going to come on here and say "Cool! Mike Listens to Justin! Justin fuckin' rulez! Time to waste my money on music that I only like cause my secret lover listens to!"
Well, I've been a fan of Mars Volta since they formed. The fact that Mikael likes them is kinda coincidental because when they (Opeth and Pork Tree) played here a few months ago- I actually thought of buying Mike the CD- I figured he'd like it.. anyway- I dont think I'd buy just ANY cd that Mike listed on his playlist- I'd check it out first then draw my own conclusion...... So, fuck off!! :wave:

OneFootBlaster said:
Well, I've been a fan of Mars Volta since they formed. The fact that Mikael likes them is kinda coincidental because when they (Opeth and Pork Tree) played here a few months ago- I actually thought of buying Mike the CD- I figured he'd like it.. anyway- I dont think I'd buy just ANY cd that Mike listed on his playlist- I'd check it out first then draw my own conclusion...... So, fuck off!! :wave:
exactly.....I wouldn't even think the guys in Opeth would have even HEARD of TMV, so purely coincidential.

ATDI is pretty good, one of the only "emo" acts that I kinda like. I like Volta better, but I tihnk that's just cuz I'm a guitarist. Sparta, the other offshoot of ATDI, sounds more rock n roll, like ATDI did. I like Volta better, but any emo kid you'll meet will always like Sparta better heh.

yup. mars volta rocks. saw them at Turku about 6 months ago. Mr. Frusciante, from chili peppers, seemd to enjoy them very much, and so did i. great to hear there are still some bands that try to do something original...