Mikael singing "A Smart Kid" with Porcupine Tree

Coz I need to do sociable things or I become heavily withdrawn, start brooding and get very very violent :). But hey, have your fun, if that's how you have it, haha. Just don't go posting goatse on the forum or anything, haha.

deliverance said:
me too dude, it's so fucking disrespectful and down right ANNOYING.

I was suprised about the amount of cunts shouting on Lamentations, that was very annoying

That gig was a lot of fun. Got to meet all the Opeth and PT guys before the show. Since it was their last stop of the tour we were all expecting something special to happen and A Smart Kid was it! I have to say that PT was amazing. Wasn't to big on Opeth. Maybe it was because so many people were shouting while they were playing. Great memory.

Bored said:
do they humiliate mendez too? i just find it kidna funny how he stands and like headband sideways hahahaha ... another funny thing that happened at a montreal show some dude kept screaming to mikeal "FUCK ME IN THE ASS" hahahahaha and then later on asked "do you like BLACK METAL" in like the most frenchiest accent and mikeal replied i fucking love black metal ahaah what a fag that guy was

hahahahah that was classic. "do YOU LIKE black METALLLL??" "i fuckin love black metal", he said it in the most convincing but calm voice. but really, why are we anazlying this shit. we're all the same decaying organic matter as everything else. maybe we're raised by t.v. to believe that famous people are better than us and that we should worship them, scrutanize and pin down everything they say.

Cephalanthera said:
hahahahah that was classic. "do YOU LIKE black METALLLL??" "i fuckin love black metal", he said it in the most convincing but calm voice. but really, why are we anazlying this shit. we're all the same decaying organic matter as everything else. maybe we're raised by t.v. to believe that famous people are better than us and that we should worship them, scrutanize and pin down everything they say.

yes, i agree.

its great if you want to share a mikael story...but it seems fairly lame to act like the pope kissed your hand or whatnot. (not that anyone here cares about the pope, but you get the idea)

deliverance said:
^ seems this was your first opeth forum post. nice avatar btw. and i suggest you give a couple opeth albums a listen, if you're not too familiar with them. they really are quite excellent.
Actually I have been a fan since Still Life was released hehehe. Joined UM back in May 01 when this forum first opened. Posted for a few years in the old days. Not a very big fan now since BWP on. The first four albums are the best.

Perhaps there will be a PT/Opeth tour in Australia one day.

Thanks for posting the links DemOnOfTheFall4 and thanks winter-frost for letting me know about this thread.

People shouting out during songs should be gaffertaped.

Ahhhh fucking awesome - I've been wanting to hear this for yonks. Mikael definitely has a bit of trouble staying in tune, but it still sounds great. IMO, his voice makes the song a bit more intense, as Steve's vocals are a lot 'lighter' sounding.

sorry to bring this topic up but is there a chance to get that track somehow? the links of the first post aren't working anymore. thanks!:)