Mikael's attack on KsE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Akerfeldt said:
“Most of the bands today, I don’t really like them. When I grew up it was like heresy to compare Killswitch Engage and whatever you got going with Maiden and Priest. Especially in America, it seems to be a little trend-goin’... it’s corporate business. The bands feel manufactured, almost like boy bands with guitars. I don’t want my bands to be fucking pretty.”

This comes as a surprise. Mikael attacking a very talented band just because they're American? One innovator attacking another. It's just ignorant. It's almost like Mikael attacking a younger, faster and more refined version of themselves. Can you really blame the band for the massive breakout of fans? Is this not surprisingly similar to Opeth's move to Roadrunner? Same situation.

Mikael thinks KsE is manufactured, like a boyband with guitars... now that is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard from Mike. All that comedy routine in the live setting must be getting to his head.

And yeah, we all know Killswitch Engage is the prettiest group out there. (see image below)

kse_adamd.jpg

I love Opeth and the gang, but Mike's statements lately are just arrogant as fuck.

And wow, KsE is such a huge band, they went from practicing in their guitarist's bedroom to their mom's basement.

It's painful to see Opeth evolve in this direction, a direction I honestly never thought they would go down. And against a fellow label group, show some decency guys. Everyone was pissed about Opeth signing to Roadrunner, think how shameful it would be for them to get kicked off the label for disrespectful conduct.

P.S... Opeth, never be pretty? I beg to differ.
This pic gives me half a roll of quarters in my tighty whities.
8736584.jpg

Go Opeth! Spread the hate. :erk:

Oinkness said:
This comes as a surprise. Mikael attacking a very talented band just because they're American? One innovator attacking another. It's just ignorant. It's almost like Mikael attacking a younger, faster and more refined version of themselves. Can you really blame the band for the massive breakout of fans? Is this not surprisingly similar to Opeth's move to Roadrunner? Same situation.

Mikael thinks KsE is manufactured, like a boyband with guitars... now that is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard from Mike. All that comedy routine in the live setting must be getting to his head.

And yeah, we all know Killswitch Engage is the prettiest group out there. (see image below)

kse_adamd.jpg

I love Opeth and the gang, but Mike's statements lately are just arrogant as fuck.

And wow, KsE is such a huge band, they went from practicing in their guitarist's bedroom to their mom's basement.

It's painful to see Opeth evolve in this direction, a direction I honestly never thought they would go down. And against a fellow label group, show some decency guys. Everyone was pissed about Opeth signing to Roadrunner, think how shameful it would be for them to get kicked off the label for disrespectful conduct.

P.S... Opeth, never be pretty? I beg to differ.
This pic gives me half a roll of quarters in my tighty whities.
8736584.jpg

Go Opeth! Spread the hate. :erk:

you are retarded.

Go ahead, flame me. But the guitarists are better at what they do, and their vocalist is great too, and could sing circles around Mike. :eek: Unlike Opeth, they can play music over 70 BPM.... they can play fast-paced stuff, and slow mellow stuff. In that way, they are similar to Opeth. :eek:

They've also got a completely different attitude than Opeth.... they're not disrespectful and negative, nor have huge egos.

Furthermore, who would compare Killswitch to maiden or priest?
KsE is obviously a lot better than both today. :p

I listened to KsE this one time and I distinctly remember hearing NO good guitar passages WHAT SO EVER!!!

and no, im not a fanboy and my statement wasnt of fanboyism. your whole statement is just so plain stupid that i have my doubts if it's sarcastic.

hmm, lets see...shit, where to begin??

mikael "attacking" another band? a "very talented" band? an INNOVATOR?? :erk: a "faster, more refined version of themselves"?

and here's some news for you: mikael has ALWAYS been that arrogant (especially about his band...im not sure if it's still there but go read some of his old album diaries on their site...i deffo remember a remark like "there is no band like opeth today." and you know what? HELL YEAH! he's damn right!) and bashing towards other bands.

and everyone was NOT pissed at opeth signing to roadrunner. generalisations are not the way forward, my friend.

and overall, that quote has no hate in it, but sheer opinion. so there

Oinkness said:
Go ahead, flame me. But the guitarists are better at what they do, and their vocalist is great too, and could sing circles around Mike. :eek: Unlike Opeth, they can play music over 70 BPM.... they can play fast-paced stuff, and slow mellow stuff. In that way, they are similar to Opeth. :eek:

They've also got a completely different attitude than Opeth.... they're not disrespectful and negative, nor have huge egos.

you got me there. you were being sarcastic the whole time, werent you? :Smug: (please say yes)

Oinkness said:
It's almost like Mikael attacking a younger, faster and more refined version of themselves.
QUOTE]

what? are you saying KSE is a younger version of Opeth? thats probably the stupidest thing i've ever heard

Oinkness said:
Go ahead, flame me. But the guitarists are better at what they do, and their vocalist is great too, and could sing circles around Mike. :eek: Unlike Opeth, they can play music over 70 BPM....
wow, you are an idiot

Oinkness said:

Opeth dont have huge egos at all, Mike even said that he is often very sarcastic in his interviews.

illidurit said:
oinkness is basically an enormous failure that shouldn't be taken seriously or even regarded at all
Shut up newb. :p

Sure, it may have been a bit sarcastic. But still. It gets old.
I don't like it when bands I like bash other bands I like.
It makes me like the bashing band less.
And in this case it's happened so many damn times.

he didn't put down KSE because they're american. he put them down because they suck musical cock.

Nexis said:
he didn't put down KSE because they're american. he put them down because they suck musical cock.
Is Mike really one to talk?
They've been making the same freaking thing over and over.
Except now the feeling is lost in the music.
Since Still Life, BWP, Deliverance.... Opeth has been dying,
a little more for each release, until the emotion that was once there is gone.
Opeth has turned into the corporate mechanism that Mike is bashing.

Nexis said:

^^^

They arew just your typical metalcore (gothencore) band...and as is the trend...they sound basically just like every other metalcore (gothencore) band.

And he didnt put them down because theyre american...he said it just seems to be a trend in america, and it is. When so many bands that come out sound almost EXACTLY THE SAME, its pathetic...

but its not just america...look at the UK's Bullet for my valentine, who completely ripped off atreyu of all band on their new album. they sounded similar enough, and then you hear the exact same music at an instant...and its pathetic.

Oinkness said:
Is Mike really one to talk?
They've been making the same freaking thing over and over.
Except now the feeling is lost in the music.
Since Still Life, BWP, Deliverance.... Opeth has been dying,
a little more for each release, until the emotion that was once there is gone.
Opeth has turned into the corporate mechanism that Mike is bashing.

i disagree, thats funny considering kse does the same exact pop formula in every song/

Status
Not open for further replies.